The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » High Price books... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
Hello all,

I just thought I would make a new topic to get my question out Smile

I have a quetion:

Is it worth investing in Paul Curry World's Beyond rather than buying a couple or more other GREAT magic books> ?

Like for instance, Secrets of Bro Hamman, Expert Coin Technique, John Bannon books...etc.

Thanks so much!!

Tanner
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I believe Curry's book has a higher price based on its condition of OOP, not on the magic content. (Very subjective concept)
Therefore unless you really value owning an OOP book, I'll buy any other/s books that have a more competitive pricing (Roth, Hamman, etc.).

Hope this helps.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
I personally feel that the Roth and Hamman books are great and well worth the price they are selling for now (i mean the reprinted versions of course)
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
A combination of the above two posts sums up my feelings, precisely. To be fair, I should probably note that I am not much of a Curry fan (other than a few effects), whereas I am a big fan of Hamman, Roth and Bannon.
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
Great guys, thanks A LOT for the quick feedback Smile

Magically,

Tanner Jade
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Personally, if you had the money, I would get Currys book. Its a great book that is hard to get hold of. The other books have just been reprinted and are available in most places
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
A few "high priced" books are that way because of limited runs and sale top a very few professionals. These OFTEN have things not available in other cheaper tomes.

Other times - and before the net's ascention - limited runs and collector's autographed copies that have been more momento than resource -- have been run-up in price by collectors.

I tend to get "reading" copies for use UNLESS I know there is limited knowledge in a limited edition piece that I will use.

A good advisor for that is Andy Greget at his booklists business (not on the net.)
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » High Price books... (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL