The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Floating Ring Miracle [DVD] (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Just watched the Floating Ring Miracle. That isn't a demo; just a trailer. You really can't see much. If they want to sell this, they should provide a DEMO and a trailer. I'll spend my 25.00 on Terry's award winning routine, before I'll spend over a hundred bucks on this one.

Just my two cents on this...

smitty
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
The link is working for me. Give it another try . . .
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Has anyone seen Terry's Floating Ring? I like his price much better than Mike's price. I don't smoke, so decided against ordering Fearsons Floating Cigarette, even though it seems to have gotten pretty good reviews.

I'm more interested in the Floating Ring, as I am thinking perhaps it can be borrowed. I'm brand new to this, so just looking for good advice. I will be ordering Vol. 1 & 3 of Ammar's series on the topic soon.

smitty
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
I have seen this but nearly 10 years ago. The anchor is portable, logical and set on the table before the effect. It lasts just a few moments (which makes sense) and is very magical. I think it's a great value. The method is what you think it is, but the "getting in, getting out" is what you're paying for.
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Thanks Doug, I appreciate that info. I think before I order this from Terry, I will perhaps get Mike Ammar's DVD series; study what he has to say and share, and then decide. I wish Terry had a little demo up on his site. The teaser trailer for Mike's just doesn't sell me. Perhaps an actual demo might, but, 100 U.S. is a lot of coin to drop, just to learn to float a ring, IMHO, only.

BEST...smitty
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
A prolonged float such as this is NOT the way to effectively float an object in my opinion because some laymen will conclude that the method involves thread or magnets. I use Mesika's method in a 3-part routine that I created and the ring floats for no more than a couple of seconds. Less is more in my opinion.
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
Terry Lunceford's floating finger ring routine has been mentioned. I did not know that this could be purchased as a stand-alone item. I have the routine on a VHS tape by Terry.

The tape was produced by Working Wonders in 1993. It is called "Terry Lunceford's Ring Video". Not only do you receive his great finger ring routine at the end as a bonus, but you receive his Chinese Linking Ring routine also.

His floating finger ring routine can be used easily while doing Restaurant work. It floats the ring horizontally and is basically self contained. Easy on, easy off.
Doc Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA
151 Posts

Profile of Doc Magic
I strongly agree with Larry. Mesika's Loops provide an inexpensive and very convincing manner as to float a ring. His ring floating effect can be found in his book on Loops (the name escape me).
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."- Aldous Huxley
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Animated Miracles! Just received it a couple weeks ago. Very nice little 19 page manual. Some pretty cool ideas inside. If you have 'limited' knowledge of Loops, as I do, it's a great place to start. Definitely recommended.

BEST~~~smitty
Zack
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Zack
WTF???

This is just a standard floating ring. People have been doing this since the reels hit the market. What makes it special? $100? Yeesh. Also, that demo video is dreadful...you can't really see the effect.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Terry Lunceford's floating finger ring routine

Where can it be found? Either Book or DVD? No VHS.
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
I've been told Zack it's just a Teaser Trailer. I also found it of no use. You can't see anything. You can barely see the ring throughout the trailer. But, No 'demo' is planned, from what I'm told. I don't know how they can expect anyone to drop 100 bucks. But, I'm sure many will. Apparently, a 'portion' of the 100, is for the ITR you receive.

smitty
nikyas
View Profile
Loyal user
Kuala Lumpur
207 Posts

Profile of nikyas
Hey Christopher, I was wondering if you could post a demo video of you performing this trick?
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Great idea....what do you think Christopher; is that possible, since no demo is coming from the creator?

smitty
Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
I like the description of Terry Lunceford's effect found in Brown's Absolute Magic.
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Just found a demo of this on Elmwood Magid site, but it turned out to be just the same POOR quality teaser trailer. Very difficult to even see the ring through this. You'd think for the money Mike is asking for this short routine, he would want a GOOD demo to watch online. I really believe the only 'value' you are really getting is the ITR that apparently comes with this.

Just my thoughts.

Best....smitty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Floating Ring Miracle [DVD] (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL