The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Aldo Colombini’s Card & Dice Deceptions Volume 1 & 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

digiquick
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney
114 Posts

Profile of digiquick
I have just had this review in from a good customer - if you go to my website you will find several of his great reviews

I am must confess that I’ve been an Aldo Colombini fan for many years.
I was very lucky to meet him at the Melbourne Convention a couple of years ago where we shared a few jars and some very funny conversation.

I was privileged enough to watch him perform his famous Cups & Balls in the bar as well as have front row seats as he killed ‘em I the evening show.
If you have not yet familiar with any of Aldo’s routines/ effects, you will be delighted to hear than many of them are often very simple in method and easy to perform but none the less, very deceptive and great audience pleasers.

Card & Dice Deceptions provides another feast of easy to perform miracles.
None of the routines require gimmicked cards or loaded dice which means that you more than likely have all you need to start performing the routines as soon as you see them.

I must say that most if not all of the routines on both DVDs are based on the on the same principle which becomes evident from the first explanation.

You probably won’t fool your buddies at the magic club as I am sure they will more than likely know the principle on which most of the effects hinge, but having said that, I’m sure that a lay audience will be most impressed by the coincidences that can be achieved with the combination of cards and dice.

All the routines are rather wordy and involve quite a bit of counting due to the principle and therefore I wouldn’t recommend more than one of these routines in a close up set.

There is an opportunity for the spectator to get involved in many of the routines which is always a good thing when performing close-up but I feel that if you choose the wrong spectator, it could all go pear shaped.

The smart worker may pair dice stacking and other card trick to segue into the effect on these DVDs to soften the blow.

I think these DVDs would make an excellent gift for a young beginner or anyone who has an interest in magic but I feel that the effects presented here may be a little under par for a working pro.

For me, many of the effects have smatterings of the old 21 Card Trick as they often take a while to get to the point.

The routines aren’t as bad as all that but I found the routines to be a little too involved to watch more than one during one set.

If you are looking for easy to do effects with gear you or your friends already have around the house, then Card & Dice Deceptions is the way to go.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Aldo Colombini’s Card & Dice Deceptions Volume 1 & 2 (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL