The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Whats this deck for??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jarlaxel
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Jarlaxel
Greetings all it has been quite a while. I recently acquired a deck of cards that are Long/short. And the cards are paired 1 long Ace clubs and 1short ace of clubs. When you cut the deck face down, the card above the cut card is the short duplicate card. I am not familiar with what effect this deck is used for I would appreciate any information that ya'all have.

Thanks again
Jarlaxel
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Mene-Tekel Deck. There are a lot of uses for this type of deck. Tommy Wonder used this deck in one of his DVD's. Also a cool routine can be found on the DVD "Miracles from the Sock Drawer".
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
706 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
The Encyclopedia of Card Tricks by Hugard (a real bargain of a book) has an entire chapter on Mene Tekel effects.

Think of it as a Svengali deck where you can repeat the trick, or where you need impossible transpositions of multiple cards.

(You will find many things to like in the Encyclopedia; check it out!)
NiallTL
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of NiallTL
JoeHohman's right - search around and you will find many applications for it.

F.D.
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Rough and smooth makes this deck even more versatile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Whats this deck for??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL