The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Piercing Rejection. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I am writing an article for East Coast Ink Magazine on migration. If you have any pictures of rejecting surface piercings, eyebrow, or navel piercings and would like to have them published please send them to me.

Thanks Smile
Jill

This is from a good friend of mine...can any of you help her out?

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Do you mean piercings that were infected and all that good stuff? I'm not familiar with a lot of the slang used now so for all I know Reject could mean a tribal reference to the Congo.
Steve V
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
That, or when a piercing slowly "drifts"(migrates) out of your body.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Eeeeeew.

Just eeeeew.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
I don't know what that drifting means but I'll tell you this...piercings are unattractive as heck. I went to an Ear Nose and Throat doctor and he told me he had this beautiful girl of about 16 in to see him. She was just stunning, blond hair, all that good stuff...and she had a major league infection on the side of her nose from a piercing. No insurance to pay for plastic surgery and the only thing he could do was hack off the side of her nose around the nostril. One piercing equals one ugly arse chick.
Steve V
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I know a girl whose tongue piercing came loose and she swallowed it. The doctor said she was lucky as hell. She got it back in the usual physiological way, and it hadn't ripped anything open on the trip through. I have always wondered if anyone has ever sneezed a piercing out?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Quote:
On 2006-10-07 11:08, Cliffg37 wrote:
I know a girl whose tongue piercing came loose and she swallowed it. The doctor said she was lucky as hell. She got it back in the usual physiological way, and it hadn't ripped anything open on the trip through. I have always wondered if anyone has ever sneezed a piercing out?

I really hope she didn't put the piece back in place...yuck!

Mike
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
My nipple ring never came out when I sneezed Smile
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Well my septum is pierced it hasn't ever flown out when I sneeze, but I think it's possible.

Brett.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
I was thinking about getting my ear or my nose pierced. Then I realized that I needed a ring about as much as I needed another hole in my head.

Don't piercings hurt? Please don't tell me that they don't. I won't believe you. I've been cut a couple of times, and the cuts hurt like crazy.

Self-inflicted damage is a symptom of insanity, if I remember right.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Yes, they do hurt...but not bad and only for a moment.

Brett.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Maybe you should post this in "Believe it or not...". Some of the sideshow folks might have seen some of this.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I would, but it's really off topic.

I don't want to be on someones bad side, and plus I really don't HAVE to help my friend...I just told her I would try.

Brett.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
She may know, but the Body Modification web site has lots of migration pics.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Yeah, she knows...but she is looking for "real" people.

Brett.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
With all of the piercing and suspension shows I have been involved in, you would think I would have plenty of stories and pics...But I don't. None that migrated or got massively infected. I've just started to do some light object hanging from my nip piercings, and had a minor tear, but nothing migrating out.
A friend of mine had a knee suspension piercing rip out, but that is really about it.
I only use the best piercers.
And Patrik...It depends on what you get pierced how long and how bad it hurts. My first piercing apart from my ear (Which only hurt for a second unless bumped) was my nipples on stage. In order to do this, they had to duct tape me to a chair and stuff something in my mouth so I wouldn't chicken out.
The right side, not so bad, barely felt it. I had a lot of adrenaline built up (No alchohol...I wouldn't do that), but I found out how fast you can burn that out- When they got to the other side, all of the adrenaline was gone.
Ya ever been to a big club with really loud music that you can't talk over?
My yell through the gag in my mouth drowned it out.
Yeah...It hurt.
Gwyd
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Steve V that thing with the nose is kind of scary...Ive never heard of anything like that ever happening...Funny thing you gents might like to know is that the male genital piercing known as the PA is by far the cleanest piercing you could ever have and is least likely to be infected... kinda counterintuitive. Anyway yeah my left nipple ring is rejecting somewhat due to having it streached... yeah it sucks I'm not happy...

As far as do they hurt...sure Ive got my ears, nipples and my inbetweenthelegs done and trust me it all hurts esp that last one (oh lord did it...long two weeks). Anyhow it comes down to this if you want it it only hurts for a short time compared to how long you'll have it...As far as if they arer atractive or not...thats a cultural/personal prefrence...in many cultures they are a sign of beauty status and wealth... I love mine and would never want to part with them...

Hope the artical goes well...

Anton...

oh ps... people have died from infections from piercings...but more people die in a year from bicycle acidents then all the people who have died from this kind of infection combined...
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
This may not count but my wife had to go to the ER once while we were on a trip and there was a lil' girl of about 14 in the ER. Her father had tried to pull her ear ring out but didn't take the backing off and it got lodged inside the ear lob. They had to cut that sucker open to get it out. Poor kid. I've nothing pierced and shan't be getting anything pierced...it is so common now that it is kinda dorky.
Steve V
VinceUK
View Profile
New user
North West England
51 Posts

Profile of VinceUK
My left nipple piercing decided to migrate all of a sudden... it was there for a year or more then suddenly decided it was going to shift, I took it out within 14 days of its starting moving as I was scared it might get caught and tear... it was that close to the surface.

Apart from that one I haven't had much problem, I've had an eyebrow piercing for well over ten years now, and they say these are the first to migrate, It depends on the person I guess.

I've never been hurt having a piercing done, I've had the odd one bruise and be tender for a few days..... If you're body piercer hurts you I'd consider using another.

Just my opinion guys,

Respect,

Vince
VinceUK
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Piercing Rejection. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL