The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best ACAAN method (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..13~14~15 [Next]
kreme
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of kreme
Which one is the best ACAAN method you know?
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
The only one I have any real exposure to is John Born's method, which is published in his book, "Meant to Be", which I think is very good. I know Berglas is supposed to have good work on the plot as well.
Barrie Richardson was doing an ACAAN, (not sure which one) in Colorado, and it was very well done.
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Buy Born's book. (bbb). It contains numerous methods, including his own. It's the best collected resource on the subject that I can think. That way, you can decide for yourself.

I would love to see Born perform his method - I think it'd be as perfect a trick as you can get.

The "best" method will vary depending on who's executing it. I've mostly used a #2, in keeping with some very specific advice that Marlo gives in "Seconds, Centers and Bottoms".
tjo'
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
I use Barrie Richardson's Impromptu Card at any number with great success. It can be done on a moment's notice and is not too difficult. I like the complete impromptu nature of it.
Mentalism for the Metroplex
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
I was fortunate enough to see John Born perform his routine several times in Miami at the IBM Convention. It is great. You can't ask for much more. As TJO eluded to above, when anybody ever ask's about the "best" anything it is very hard to answer. We all have different tastes and styles. So the best for one is nnot necessarily the best for someone else.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Yes, I love John Born's ACAAN method which he published in Meant to Be book. One of the best handling of ACAAN plot I ever see.

Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
John Born's is great. I got to see him perform it and it was completely flawless.

Cody
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
The only downside of Born's method is that the Performer must handle the cards.

- entity
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
I showed in the fism my ACAAN effect with giants cards, the magician does not touch the cards, only the spectator, and all the deck is examinable.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Quote:
On 2006-10-07 12:14, entity wrote:
The only downside of Born's method is that the Performer must handle the cards.

- entity

Maybe I misread something, but as I recall in his book, the performer dumps the cards out of the deck into the spectator's hands (at least it can be done that way).

As for the best method...as many have said, get John's book, it has several different methods in there, all have their strengths and weaknesses; though the one I use most is Barrie Richardson's Impromptu Any Card at Any Number, which is only available through him, to my understanding.
MagicT
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1248 Posts

Profile of MagicT
Entity,
In John's method, it is perceived by the spectator that the magician NEVER handled the deck at all. Moreover, three spectators, FREELY, came up with one card. Not only that, a spectator came up with a number of his choosing and was not persuaded in ANY way. So, no force is evident, no pressure, and surely, all seems HANDS OFF. So what you stated is merely a VERY minor thing that has NO bearing on his approach.

Best,
Trini Montes
Trini Montes
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17149 Posts

Profile of joseph
I'm off to buy the Born book... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
Hey guys-

I believe you guys are talking about two different approaches that I have developed, both which are offered in Meant To Be. The cards are not "handled" in either version. One approach in which I have had much success is my work on Baker's approach in which the effect happens in a deck sitting across the room and the magician never touches anything. In fact, he does not even come close to the deck. This is my favorite version to perform as it is a perfect example of working smart technically and psychologically, ending in a remarkable piece that is truly baffling. The second, which is presented as the feature system in my book, is with the magician dumping the cards out of the box into the spectator's hands or to the magician's fingertips. In this version, the magician holds the cards in the box, and all is done before the spec. knows that the effect has begun. Both present phenominal conditions, yet are extremely different approaches technically and psychologically.

Hope this helps,

JB
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
In addition to John Born's Meant To Be, I think David Forrest has one called Route 1 of ACAAN method using both the blue and red decks. If you like using 2 decks to perform this ACAAN plot, then you have to look into David Forrest's routine.
Of course, you have Barrie Richardson and Kenton Knepper on ACAANs.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
I vote for Bill Nagler's version of ACAAN and so do many others....
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
Quote:
On 2006-10-07 00:11, Chris SD wrote:
I know Berglas is supposed to have good work on the plot as well.

Yes, David Berglas's handling of "The Berglas Effect" is quite good. Superb, in fact. He's done it for me half a dozen times.

Matt Field
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
My version is from Mnemonica page 82. Quite easy to perform, as I use it as opener in my actual routine.
Smile Smile Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I saw ASi do one in New York that just blew me the F*^& away. Is There any methods or does anyone have one in E-book format?
brownitus
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of brownitus
A palm and second deal has blown many a family & friends away..
"Everything that can be invented has been invented." - Charles H. Duell, US Commissioner of Patents, 1899
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Lol, why have it palmed? For the deck to be shuffled? or do you mean from a card index? Hmm... Card index and second deal WOULD be pretty nice actually. Or simple a mem deck, pass after you hear card, then second deal after you hear number.

I personally use a pinky count from either top or 26th(break) and a pass as the deck is being handed to the spectator(or a variation on box pass). but I am a magician.

I'd probably use Richardson's 13 deck one with a deck shell or other deck switch if I was going for super duper "impossible".

I dislike the second deal for this routine... not in lack of ability but I'd simply rather be super clean about the cards being dealt fairly(or have the spectator deal) as I think somehow false dealing or switching the card at the XXth position is the method the spectators are most likely to think, so I want any method I use to be both a fair deal and no switch of last card.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best ACAAN method (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL