The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Barns & Noble (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
I cant go anywhere but to the local Barns and Nobles to buy my magic books. My mom will not let me buy on-line for some reason so does anyone know of any good books I can Special order at Barns and Noble?
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
You can get the whole Dover series of magic books - There are a bunch of great books to be had for cheap!!
I also saw blaine's book there -
If you're a beginner - Mark Wilson's complete course in magic is there

Dave
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
HI Wikiro,

all the followings books are available from B&N.com
-all the VERY GOOD books by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue (Expert Card Technique, The Royal Road to Card Magic, Card Manipulations,Encyclopedia of Card Tricks, Card Manipulation, More Card Manipulation,...)
-Books by Arthur Buckley (Card Control)
-Expert at the Card Table by S.W. Erdnase
-The Complete Mark Wilson book of Magic
-Any books by Karl Fulves
-For coin magic; get J.B. Bobo's "Modern Coin Magic" (the bible of coin magic)

Hope this helps

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Jeff Chesnut
View Profile
New user
Ada, Michigan
56 Posts

Profile of Jeff Chesnut
I bought Royal Road to Card Magic, Hugard's Card Manipulations, Fulves Self Working Card Tricks, Bobo's Coin Magic, and Wilson's Complete Course in Magic all from Barnes and Noble.

I would guess that if you name a book, they would have a good chance of getting it for you.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Hi,
I've also found Magic For Dummies and the Complete Idiot's Guide to Magic to be pretty good. They're both pretty similar, so you probably don't want to buy both. But they've got some good stuff in them, and you can also use them as a comedy prop during your show. Mess up a trick on purpose, then pull out the Magic for Dummies book and pretend to find the right way, then do the trick right. That always gets a laugh for me. Good luck!
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey Wikiro,
Try Bill Tarr's "Now you See It Now you Don't" Lessons in slieght of hand. This was one of my first books and it is very well illustrated with easy but semi-pro type routine basics. He has a second edition as well. They are affordable and I amazed people for quite awhile with these effects.
Good Luck!
Chance Smile
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
I went on there web site and they have a lot of magic books, but the thing is they all look like books for big time beginners. Im a beginner to everything in magic but cards.
I like escapes so I thought the Abbott's Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks by Stewart James would be a good choice does anyone agree?
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Barns & Noble (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL