The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Pickpocketing- More than just a laugh. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Hey fellow thieves Smile

I'm curious if anyone here ever used your pickpocket skills for more than a flash and a laugh? (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

Anyone steal a wallet, then pretend to read the mind of the spectator by asking them to look at the numbers of his license?

Anyone do a pen transpo? Make your pen switch places with your pen in their pocket?

I'm curious what ideas some of us 'thieves' have come up with?

Two things I've done.

Stolen a watch, and then used it for my chop cup load later on.

Made a girls cell phone 'fall from out of the sky' into her waiting hands.

Lets see what other ideas you guys have had.
Ragman
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Ragman
I use the idea of mind reading but a little bit differently than that, though the effect is similar and it does go good for a laugh as well. I steal the wallet and hold it open over their shoulder as I say "I would like you to concentrate on your middle name". I then act as if I am having a hard time getting the name but then the first initial comes to me followed by the whole name. I then ask if the numbers 45127 mean anything they reply "that is my address" and so on.
I see the people they have pictures of in their wallet and so forth. I describe what kids look like as I say look into my eyes the whole time I make it obvious that I am going through their wallet to the audience. Mind you this is during another routine that I do and it is not a stand alone trick.
I only do the bit as long as there are laughs going on if the person looks away I command them not to look away as it will break the phychic link. then I tuck the wallet away to reveal it later at the end of the routine.

It is the paper balls over the head type thing you know. Only one person is mystified for the time being and later the friends tell him how it was done, that is if he has not figured it out.
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
I love the thought of alternate pickpocketting. =) I heard Apollo Robins steals a pen, takes out the ink cartridge, and putpockets the pen back, then comes up with a reason to have the spectator sign something... whatta surprise it must be!

I've developed a nice signed-card-to-spectator's-wallet-which-is-found-in-your-pocket trick but haven't had much opportunity to test it "live" -- only practicing on friends.
But it certainly is one step beyond the standard pickpocketing. Plus I don't flash the wallet to the audience, so they are astounded as well at the end.

Anyway, in the beginning of the routine, when I have any card selected from a one-handed fan, I load a [fun colored, not black] Sharpie into the man's shirt pocket. When a card is selected I step back and say "Why don't you sign it with your Sharpie that... looks like... mine. . ."
He does, then I ask for the Sharpie back. Then I go to put it back into his shirt pocket and fake it, stealing it away (since it's mine!) and never showing it again. I've also worked out how to plant a biz card during that fake return.

I like the idea of pickpocketing with one hand while having a card selected via a one-handed fan in the other. Your free hand can go anywhere and do practically anything if you do the dirty work at the moment the spectator actually grabs onto one card and withdraws it because *that's* where his attention is.

--Diavo Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
TKE
View Profile
Veteran user
FL
346 Posts

Profile of TKE
After getting their cellphone I once did a coin routine and did a spellbound to reveal their phone. it turned out really good.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Pickpocketing- More than just a laugh. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL