The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Alternative to Lacrosse Balls for Final Loads (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
Hello all... I don't know if this has been discussed, or at least recently, but for anyone who really likes the feel, weight, and texture of a tennis ball, but can't fit one inside your cups, I found a solution.

I really like the lacrosse ball, it's solid, heavy, pretty impressive final load, but I found there are some problems with them. First they are pretty heavy.. this could be a problem if kept in your pockets as it would definitely weigh down your clothing. Second I find they tend to be a little "sticky" when loading into the cups, as well as sliding around on the close-up pad. In fact I can't slide the cup at all once I place it on the pad with a lacrosse ball in it.

While checking out a local sporting goods store, I found platform tennis balls which are slightly smaller than a tennis ball. To my eyes they might be a hair larger than lacrosse balls, but I'll have to confirm that with a precision measurement. They look just like a tennis ball, except they are solid green, without the white lines running through out the ball. The brand I found was Viking Platform Tennis Balls. Hopes this helps anyone who is deciding which final loads to use ;-)

Stevie D
-Stevie D
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Thanks Stevie. Great suggestion.

Mark. Smile
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Yes, that IS a good suggestion, Stevie. I have some of these too and they are just about the size of a Lacrosse ball but perhaps appear a bit larger due to the fuzz. I've found a brand that mimics the look of a tennis ball exactly, complete with the white lines. The name escapes me, but the logo looks like an "A" and a lower case "b" side by side. They are also available in different colors in addition to the light green. You can also find these smaller practice size balls in pet stores.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This has actually been discussed before. The pet shop balls are really one of the best solutions. Just take your cups to the store with you.

One problem with lacrosse balls is that they are not consistent in size. They vary as much as 1/16" in diameter.

The "Fun Balls" from Wal-Mart are also a good alternative.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I like lemons, potatoes, etc. real fruit, or sometimes I use Ammar's fake fruit. For a chop cup routine, using a leather cup, cuz of the noise factor, I use a couple of real billiard balls, a cue and an 8.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Alternative to Lacrosse Balls for Final Loads (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL