The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Your top 10 routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Right now it would be:

Two dollar bill to two ones trick to five dollar(power of the gospel to transform), three coin coins across and three fly (the gospel gives us a bridge to heaven, a place we could get to no other way), Wild coin (again transformation), my own version of Sankey's Mr. Clean coins across (same theme as above), prof. nightmare (Three sin list, but all falling short), hanging coins (earthly weath will not last), Turn about is fair play [my own trick, same theme as hanging coins, (four coins vanish and reappear from one hand)], backslider, [my own card trick where black cards with blue backs turn into to red cards (black spades turn to red spades) with red backs and then to red cards with blue backs....they backslide], Hoppin Half (I prefer not to use gaffed coins, but I like the message of trying to hide sin), elusive silver dollar.

I've used a version of the three card monte in the past with the message that playing around with sin is like playing cards with the devil, he will trick you every time. I'm working on the same message with the ten card poker deal.
Wes
WizzBang
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of WizzBang
I would not recommend a whole show of gospel magic.
I usually only have one or two messages to present and the rest is just fun.
Martin Duffy
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Martin Duffy
Quote:
On 2006-12-13 09:41, Donnie W wrote:
Stiff Rope, Lota Bowl,Needle thru balloon,Thumb Tip, T/R Heart, Squared Circle, Bill in Lemon, Dove Pan, Rope Thru Neck, Cut restored rope
73 Donnie

I have used my Lota Pot I got from Mary Tomich in every Environmental Magic Show I have done for the last 4 years – and I used it to open the 11 school shows I did last week for South Tyneside International Magic Week.

The Shamans Vision routine she supplied fits right in with my water conservation segment of the show.

I always dreaded some catastrophe where I broke the pot as I only had the one!

I had asked Mary if she had considered getting them remade and she hadn’t.

Last year I met a potter and showed him it – he agreed to make me a replacement

Then I saw the routine for it in Christian Chelman’s new book Hauntiques

I asked him if I had more pots made would he allow me to include his routine with it – he agreed

Mary has also allowed me to include my version of her routine

So…today I picked up the first 7 pots of 20 I ordered

One is my replacement, one is for Mary and one for Christian

That leaves 4 at the moment with the other 13 arriving next week

They are small (8.5 to 11.5cm tall pots) and fit beautifully in your hand, each one is different and therefore unique

If it something that appeals to you then contact me off-list and I will email you photos

Thanks

Martin
curtnelson
View Profile
Regular user
I found Waldo hiding behind one of my
121 Posts

Profile of curtnelson
My favorites are "Guilt Is Gone" and the Resurrection Story told with Silks, both from Duane Laflin. If you're a children's pastor wanting to learn more gospel effects, I would definitely go to christianillusionist.com and sign up for the "Advance," a free magazine about Gospel magic.
jnrussell
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
206 Posts

Profile of jnrussell
My favorites are using twentieth century silks, torn & restored Bible, and the temple screen... I personally would not do a full gospel show, even in a church.
John Russell
Mastering Magician
www.TheMasterMagician.net
EVENTUCATOR
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of EVENTUCATOR
1. Ring on rope
2. Tear & restore "Bible" - Wih God's Power ending
3. Tear & restore Fish & Five Loaves - Twelve baskets left over.
4. Shoelace knot Jesus removes our sin.
5. Needle thru balloon - with small dark balloon inside. - Pop "SIN"
6. Chains & locks - (escapology) Jesus frees you from slavery to sin.
7. Holy Bible colouring book
8. Directional Arrow - Jesus is the way.
9. LIES Boomerang - Big black lies & "Little" white lies
10. Family of God silks - silks 'join' and 'uninvited goes to where there is "Gnashing of teeth"
Steve Varro
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville TN.
116 Posts

Profile of Steve Varro
It's an impossible task. I could not narrow it down to 10. Here are my top 12 and my top three closing effects.

1. One Way Arrow - (Dock Haley Version) (I mention this because there are so many versions out there and this one is very unique)
2. Professors Nightmare - Using your talents for God
3. Tip and Silk - Salvation thru the shed blood of Jesus
4. It’s Your Choice - Expose’ - Just an illusion
5. Bomeranging Lies - Sin is Sin is Sin
6. Paper Tear/ The Bible - God’s power is stronger than satans
7. Missing Peace -He’s the Missing Peace
8. 6.00 Repeat - You can not out give the Love of Jesus
9. The Power of Jesus - Let Jesus have control of our life
10. Key to the Kingdom - Ways to get to heaven

Extras
11. Symbolic Knowledge - Avoid the Occult
12. Deal of a Lifetime - The Greatest Prize

STRONG CLOSERS:
Gene Anderson’s T & R Newspaper - The restorative power of Jesus
or
Rainbow Ropes - The Great Commission Matt. 28:18-20
Water in Paper - Matt. 28:20 “I am with you always”
or
The Cross Illusion by Joe Eddie Fairchild
STILL In HIS service

Steve Varro

International President of FCM

Owner/Dock Haley Gospel Magic Co.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1930 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Steve, what is "deal of a lifetime", I never heard of this and I can't google it. Tom
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Hi Steve: An absolute pleasure to see you here- your company has meant so very much to Gospel Magic. I filmed MagicBob doing your "The Cross Trick" several weeks ago- it will be on the second brand new 1 hour special of "Magic With A Message- MagicBob and Friends" which will be posted to http://www.ChristianMagician.org before this Christmas. Feel free to use that segment on your web site or for posting on youtube if you'd like- it turned out really well- MagicBob uses a clear glass container shaped like a heart (probably a large candy dish) which is perfect for this effect. "The Cross Trick" is available from http://www.GospelMagic.com
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
In no particular order...(just as they come to mind in other words)

1. Confusing Crayons - We all fall short (Tom Yurasits)
2. Blow Yur Stack - Don't Bare False Witness (Wolf's Magic)
3. Balloon Wand / Puzzle - Great Commission (Wolf's Magic/Oz & Wilde)
4. Run Wolf Run - Holding One another Accountable (Wolf's Magic)
5. Happy Hyena - Story of Noah (Wolf's Magic)
6. Invisible Paint / Fishing for Friends - Being Fishers of Men (Creative Magic / Barry Mitchell)
7. Headless Silks - When we witness (produced by Laflin Magic)
8. Remote Control Magic Drawing Board - When we feel discouraged (Axtell)
9. ABC Gumball Recombobulator - Accept, Believe, Change (Wolf's Magic)
10.Kablamo - Dealing with Sin (Wolf's Magic)
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
<BR>Sharing the gospel with Comedy & Illusion www.ozandwilde.com
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Quote:
On 2006-10-11 13:54, REMLAP wrote:
Jon, I would suggest trying the following websites. They all carry Christian Illussions and are Christian run.

http://www.lockfamilymagic.com
http://www.gospelmagic.com
http://www.barrymitchellproducts.com

Depending on where you live there could be a FCM meeting in you area. The FCM is the Fellowship of Christian Magicians here is there website as well.

http://www.fcm.org

And please check out my website under Gospel Magic
http://www.rodneypalmermagic.com

I hope this helps!!!

Thank you. These helped answer many of my questions as well (like where to start!)
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Without trying to repeat what others have mentioned, I'll list 10. It's hard for me to choose my top 10 because I find that different effects play better to certain audiences.

Stage:
Extreme Burn (Gospel message is about sin in our lifes. We measure ourselves by comparing ourselves to others. God looks at us all the same. When we eliminate sin from our life, our relationship with God is restored, and we are one. Caution about falling away, lead astray, and staying grounded in the Word of God)

Miser's Dream

Needle Thru Balloon ( Confidence in ourselves, and believing we are capable of doing anything through God)

Key To The Kingdom ( I especially love this. It's been my closer for me now)

Animated Drawing Board

He Is Risen

Gospel Temple Screen (I've used this for a few different applications.)

Stratosphere (Priority Balls. Duane Laflins routine but changed the patter to suit more my style)

Multiplying Candles (performed to Stay In The Light)

Snowstorm In China ( recently I used this to honour those in my family who have passed on too early because of cancer. I've lost my brother, father, 3 aunts, a great aunt, and recently my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer. I use a song called, Save A Place For Me by Matthew West. It was very difficult to perform. Midway I broke down.)
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Your top 10 routines (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL