The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » NHL hockey opportunity (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jamesbond
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of jamesbond
I have been trying to get into my local NHL hockey team private suites for over a year. They hired me for the opening night 2nd year in the row. I am doing close up at the suites - very good exposure (to rent the suite it's like 100K per year...) and the top corporate clients in town (about 100 suites). I "sold" the actual suite manager (she loves me), but to hire me for the whole season she needed the approval of the executive. They didn't actually seen me perform or don't really know me so the answer was "no". I am trying to set up a meeting with them, b/c then they can see that they are getting a quality and not just a 'magician' (what the heck we need a magician at the hockey game for, right???)

Should I "low ball" them - the publicity of being the "local NHL team magician" + the potential high profile client list I would perform for might be worth it, but I am not sure how to proceed... Any ideas?? I am basically dealing with comitttee of executives...

Bond...James Bond...
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Go for the clients not the venue.

Work your charm on the suite manager
to get a target list of clients and contacts.

timothy
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
A second approach would to find a sponsor, someone who would like visibility in front of those executives, and get them to pay you to entertain in the suites. Perhaps an accounting firm or advertising agency would be a good fit. You are going to need a trick putting their logo in front of the executives to close the deal.

Jim
Jim Snack

"Helping Magicians Succeed with Downloadable Resources"
www.success-in-magic.com
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1603 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Jamesbond,
Good job man. I have just recently started talking to my local Hockey team. So far I have just contacted the Kids Club. Keep us informed on how it all goes.

JIM
jamesbond
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of jamesbond
I am doing the season's opener this Fri so I will see if there are any opportunities... I will keep you posted. Any ideas welcome!

Bond
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1603 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Hi Jamesbond,
I started a whole Hockey thread about 2 weeks ago. Just do a search for "Hockey" and you'll be able to find it. We've been discussing the actual magic, more than the "how toget the gig" aspect of it. Hope it helps even a bit. Smile

JIM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » NHL hockey opportunity (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL