The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Opinions please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
I can't decide between getting:

Essential Robert-Houdin Book (includes: The Secrets of Conjuring and Magic, Card-Sharping Exposed, The Secrets of Stage Conjuring, The Memoirs of Robert-houdin and the Priory all under one cover)
or
The Conjuring Anthology by J. Steinmeyer

My concern is that the Robert-houdin material might be dated and not as relevant as the material in Conjuring anthology. I am probably most wrong in that assumption, therefore any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks?
-J.
M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
Thanks so much for the input guys. Keep it coming.
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations jc,

I'm afraid I can't help you with your topic, but I can tell you that getting a review thread topic or compare-and-contrast discussion started can take a couple or few days.

Were I to make a suggestion, I would consider placing the book titles in the topic line. "Opinion please" can mean anything, and I only slowed down to look at your thread because I'm bored, it's the end of the day, and I'm killing time.

How about creating a post with a subject line like: " Essential Robert-Houdin or The Conjuring Anthology - Which Way to Go?" Or some such, and give those surfing The Café an idea of what you're after without having to open the thread. Your hits will then more likely result in the comments you're looking for.

Just my $.02 (USD) worth. YMMV.

Joe in KC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Opinions please (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL