We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Sound System (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

abbascup
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of abbascup
OK, I'm putting together a sound system. I have the Yamaha Stagepas, and I just ordered the Audio-Technica 892c micro headset. Obviously, I need a wireless transmitter and receiver for this microphone. What are some good recommendations?
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
878 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Sennheiser "Evolution" Series
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Where did you get your 892c from?
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
I have a very similar setup, Yamaha Stagepas, and funny enough...the EW135g2(Evolution Series). Just going backwards from you, I need the micro headset and transmitter. I'm wondering what transmitter to get, as I have the EM100 receiver. Did you get the 892c based on some good reviews? Been trying to decide between it and Countryman.
abbascup
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of abbascup
Based on all the posts about wireless mics, I ordered the 892c from Sweetwater last night. I had it boiled down to the Countryman, the DPA, and the 892c.

The Magic Roadie had a post that he liked the 892c and thought it sounded better than the Countryman, but not as good as the DPA. It is suppose to be more durable than the Countryman, too.

The price of the 892c was $299.
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
793 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Quote:
On 2006-10-13 01:03, John Bowlin wrote:
I'm wondering what transmitter to get, as I have the EM100 receiver.

John,
Assuming your Senn Evolution receiver is an "EM100 G2" (the "G2" part is important), then you need an "SK100 G2" beltpack transmitter. Be CERTAIN that its frequency-set is the same as your receiver! That'll be listed on the rear of your transmitter. If you're in Canada or America, that'll be listed as 518-554 or 626-662 or 740-776 or 786-822 or 830-866.

Also, John, note that you can have your handheld turned on or your beltpack turned on, but BOTH cannot be turned on at the same time.
Dan.
Dan McLean Jr
www.MagicRoadie.com
"Taking the mystery out of stage technology!"
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Thanks, Dan, you just answered my next question...you do mentalism on the side?
That is a drag. So, I guess I'd need to get another receiver to run both simultaneously? ....or would being the same frequency negate that possibility? I was thinking as long as the other receiver was set to a different channel, I'd be OK....correct?
JB
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
793 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-10-13 12:32, John Bowlin wrote:
Thanks, Dan, you just answered my next question

You're very welcome, John!

Quote:
...you do mentalism on the side?

7 of Hearts. You were thinking of the 7 of Hearts.

Quote:
That is a drag. So, I guess I'd need to get another receiver to run both simultaneously? ....or would being the same frequency negate that possibility? I was thinking as long as the other receiver was set to a different channel, I'd be OK....correct?

In order to run two transmitters at the same time, they need to be on separate frequencies with separate receivers. Those two receiver frequencies need not only to be different from one another, but they need to be simultaneously compatible. With Sennheiser, Evolution G2, that's a snap.

1) Turn both transmitters OFF.
2) Perform a scan with one receiver. This will find other active frequencies in the area, and will work around them.
3) Program one transmitter to match the frequency you just found.
4) Leave that first transmitter ON, and perform a scan with the second receiver. That second receiver will "find" the first transmitter, as well as all of the other active frequencies in the area, and will then determine a simultaneously compatible frequency.
5) Program the second transmitter to match the second frequency you just found.
6) Have a nice day.
Dan McLean Jr
www.MagicRoadie.com
abbascup
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of abbascup
Well, I stayed with Audio-Technica and ordered the ATW 2110 Wireless receiver and belt pack from Sweetwater. Push a button, and it automatically picks the frequency. That's my kind of system. $299 with a $20 rebate.

I am going to control my music with a 4G Ipod Nano and Scosche RF controller.

I think I am going to be happy once I get it all together.
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Thanks a lot, Dan...much appreciated. JB
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
581 Posts

Profile of Tony S
You just gotta love Dan McLean! He's always got great advice and offers practical solutions to the technical problems posed here. Thanks for all the help you give us, Dan.
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
OK, Dan...I know I'm pushing it now, but...can I not run an Audio-Technicha AWT2110 w/892c mic along with my cordless Sennheiser ew135 g2 through the same pa system with no interference? And, if so, do they need to be different frequency categories? My Sennheiser is a C class frequency. Your consulting fee is in the mail...but you already knew that! Smile
JB
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
793 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-10-14 22:00, John Bowlin wrote:
OK, Dan...I know I'm pushing it now, but...

You're not pushing things at all, John! I'm always glad to help.

Quote:
......can I not run an Audio-Technicha AWT2110 w/892c mic along with my cordless Sennheiser ew135 g2 through the same pa system with no interference? And, if so, do they need to be different frequency categories? My Sennheiser is a C class frequency.

You'll have no problem using the the two systems (AT transmitter w/ matching receiver, and Senn Evo G2 transmitter w/ matching receiver) in the same location at the same time. Simply use a slightly-modified version of the instructions I gave earlier.
1) Turn both transmitters OFF.
2) Perform a scan with the AT receiver. This will find other active frequencies in the area and will work around them.
3) Program the AT transmitter to match the frequency you just found.
4) Leave the AT transmitter ON, and perform a scan with the Senn receiver. That Senn receiver will "find" the AT transmitter, as well as all of the other active frequencies in the area, and will then determine a simultaneously compatible frequency.
5) Program the Senn transmitter to match the Senn frequency you just found.
6) Have a nice day.
You could also do the Senn first, and the AT second.

By the way, John, the frequency-band name is manufacturer-specific, and there is NO correlation between the frequency-band names of competing manufacturers. In other words, "Group/Band C" from one AT is sure to be different from "Group/Band C" from Senn. All that matters (in terms of frequency compatibility) is the actual frequency, expressed in MHz. Even if you KNOW that two systems have different frequencies, the only ways to ensure simultaneous compatibility is with:
a) complicated math
b) software that will do the complicated math for you
c) a scanning RF system that will find other "live" frequencies, and that will then do the complicated calculations on your behalf
d) manufacturer's list of which frequencies are simultaneously compatible

I THINK that reads okay, folks, but wireless mics, wireless entertainment communications, and in-ear monitors are my profession, so sometimes I have to read my posts a couple of times to ensure I'm not spouting indiscernible jargon.
Dan McLean Jr
www.MagicRoadie.com
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Thanks again, Dan...you da man!
Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
364 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
John - you probably have figured this out, but there are at least three major postings on wireless. Search them out - they're worthwhile. Or if not, let us know!

Good luck!

AtPG
------------

We could have been practicing!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Sound System (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL