The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Live at the jailhouse. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..17~18~19 [Next]
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yep...

someone tell me about the new stone dvd's?
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Ok, I must be blind. I can't find any video clips on the kozmo website regarding the dvd's. I have already placed my order. I'm just wanting to get a glimpse of any clips? Please point it out for me as the site only takes me to a description of the dvds.

As for the David Stone Secrets of Real Magic DVD Vol 1, I think it's superb media quality. He also provides lots of valuable tips on restaurant and standup strolling work. In fact, he has divided the tricks between restaurant and standup situation. The whole DVD is scripted and acted out, nothing is live with live audiences, but you still get the feel of how to handle a real working environment. His instructions are silent pantomined, but very easy to follow as the camera work is excellent. I highly recommend this dvd. Can't wait for his Vol 2.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Click on jailouse......then scroll down a little bit...a little wase down it says opening clip next to it it says sample...and then below that theres another ...paul green talks

that's it...let me know if you cant find them.....i think you are the first one to have a problem...i hear that the stone dvd is more about actual performing versus the business of working in this envirnment...we focused on success as a business and then how to get and keep the job....trying to make the viewer understand that its not about magic...its about the restaurant...and that youa re there to do more than magic...i think you will find it informative...at least I hope
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Ok!!!! Finally found the samples! I was looking for something different colored than the body text for the link.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Well?...what did you think?
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
The idea I like about this project, Live At The Jailhouse, is that rather than one guy trying to cover enough space on a couple DVDs and thus bringing out weaker magic they normally never would present here you have five guys doing their best work. So often I've seen three tape/dvd sets that consisted of maybe one disk worth of good material...that isn't going to happen here. It will be solid material throughout, how can you not love it?
Steve V
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13387 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
The clips are great koz.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
The magic is great on this set but its really not about magic.....its about money
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
You know...on the clips is the first time I have seen Paul w/out glasses then I realize he traded a magic performance for that lazer eye surgery a couple years ago. I love restaurant magic cuz it not only applies there but to general walk around, parties, for those hoodlums wanting to work the halls of their school, I can't wait!
Steve V
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I placed my order yesterday. I can't wait. One of my goals for 2007, is to transition from kid's show (99% of my current gigs) into more walkaround/strolling and restaurant work. I feel confident that this set of DVDs will help me very much in this goal.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Danny, this set will help ...i promise
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Danny, also look at the Dan Tong dvds and also Paul Greens In The Trenches.
Steve V
magicmanci15
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of magicmanci15
I started a new restaurant this week, and worked one a couple of months ago. And in the last year Ive been busier performing than ever before. IM slowly starting to realize that this business has little to do with the magic, and a lot to do with relationships. I think these dvds will nothing short of extremely useful to me and anyone whose getting them. I cant wait for my copy. Thanks Koz

Ivan
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
I'm looking forward to these, but after seeing David's dvd, they have very big shoes to fill!!!
Logic Defied
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
690 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Alym,

Where did you pick up David's Real Secret's of Magic? I emailed Hank Lee's, but never received a response (what else is new). Meir Yedid sells them, but they have expensive shipping rates to Canada.

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Koz,

I've been following this thread for a while now and finally couldn't resist any longer. Have fun spending my money! Smile Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to this set of DVD's. Any updates on an actual release date?

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
A week to 10 days

thanks fellas
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
OK, 1 week from Saturday I'm checking the mailbox!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I hope so.....they are out of our hands....i tell you guys waht...i will have the replicator overnight me enough to fill the orders...that will save a few days...i hope you like them
koz
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Koz,
In another earlier thread on the Jailhouse DVD set, I read that Lonnie Chevrie was to be included in the project - but I don't see any mention of Chevrie in more recent talk. So I was just curious if he is involved in it still, or did he not end up being part of the project for some reason?
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Live at the jailhouse. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL