The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Tenyo 2007 tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
I just saw pictures of the six new Tenyo magic tricks for 2007!

There are three new tricks:
http://blog34.fc2.com/j/jpmagic/file/tenyo2007-1.jpg

And three classic tricks:
http://blog34.fc2.com/j/jpmagic/file/Tenyo2007-2.jpg

I think they will be released before Christmas.
Does anybody knows more?
WALTHER
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Cant view em what are the 3 new tricks and 3 classic ones?
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
You need to copy and paste the link to your browser to see the images, otherwise just clicking on the link sends you elsewhere.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Wow! Looks like a Tenyo version of a mini Koorwinder Kar. Also, a Mike Powers item!! When I was at Tokyo Disneyland over the summer I saw this new line of Tenyo products based on classic works of international (but mostly American) material. The items I was able to examine were better quality than one might expect from Tenyo (at least the Tento I knew as a kid) and the material was really impressive. I've always had a fondness for Tenyo and this new line piqued my interest once again. Richard Kaufman usually reviews the new Tenyo line each year in Genii (perhaps the November issue?) and there is usually an additional item or two that is only available in Japan. Last year's Japanese exclusive was a Harry Potter-esque version of Ben Harris' Cosmosis, which included a miniature broom in place of the matchstick.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Hope the new items are as good as most of the previous ones.. Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
SteveMarshall
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of SteveMarshall
I was lucky enough to attend the Tenyo Magic Festival, in Tokyo, this year where they debut all the new products. All of the new Tenyo items are really cool and inovative as only Tenyo effects can be. The "New Kornwinder Kar" has a great Tenyo inovation that allows the car to be examined and rolled back and forth to the spectators content.
Mike Powers "Diminishing Returns" effect is the one effect that will not be sold in the USA.
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
Shame, Diminishing returns is fantastic!
I want one of those little cases for the golf ball!!
Bring on December!
Hard to figure out the other 3 effects, but the chalk board and spoon looks like it could be fun!
Paul
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
Ted, can you tell me what are the basic dimensions of the chalkboard?
I hope it is usable from stage? Being Tenyo though, it is probably not.
Thanks, aaron
loowhochan
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
116 Posts

Profile of loowhochan
I was in Tokyo about 2 weeks ago, and the person at the magic booth in a department store demo'ed President's Cabinet and Credit Surprise for me. I really liked Credit Surprise as it looked very real, works with a borrowed credit card, and I end up buying it with Japanese instructions and all Smile. President's Cabinet had a cool effect, but it only worked with a 1000 Japanses Yen, so I didn't buy it. I didn't see the other 2007 Tenyo stuff at the magic booth. The cool thing about Tenyo tricks in Japan is that you can buy them in any department store, and they cost about 50% less than North American prices. The only drawback is most of the tricks only have Japanese instructions, but you can pretty much figure them out by looking at the illustrations.
vance2276
View Profile
New user
Montana
72 Posts

Profile of vance2276
I'm also interested in the chalkboard. Stage size or close-up?
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
Hey, Ted sent me this information on the chalkboard:

It's just a bit larger than a poker size card.
So as with most of thier stuff, I would consider it for close-up. Still a very clever effect.
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Sooner or later Tenyo will put up video demo's as they do every year...and I'm looking forward to it!
Koji Takada
View Profile
Regular user
Tokyo, Japan
146 Posts

Profile of Koji Takada
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
See?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
The credit card thing looks very cool.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2006-11-11 09:35, Cameron Francis wrote:
The credit card thing looks very cool.

Based on what I've been spending these day it looks a little too frighteningly real. Smile
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Where can one purchase Tenyo products in the U.S.?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Never mind. I see Hank Lee carries them.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Quote:
On 2006-11-11 13:57, Cameron Francis wrote:
Where can one purchase Tenyo products in the U.S.?

I have bought two Tenyo tricks here and they have great prices and speedy shipping to europe: http://themagicwarehouse.com/
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I asked the guys at MJM MAGIC if they carry the Tenyo line.

They told me that they will try to open an account with Tenyo to have their line of tricks available to all of us.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Tenyo 2007 tricks (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL