We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Straight Jacket Escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I just saw this and thought others here might enjoy it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Nb_ljio......;search=

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Cheers fella.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
865 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
A nice thing to do is to start a thread about SJ escapes since they are so populair. Perhaps we could start looking for clips of people escaping from SJ's in different ways and have a creative critic workshop.

Example: in the above clip the performer turns his back to the audience when the backstraps are fastned. That means that the audience will see the back of a performer and the back of people fastening the straps. That means - the audience doesn't see anything at all - even though the performes intention with his back turned was to show the straps beeing pulled.

(The above text is in no way intended as an insult, I don't know the perfomer and I am sure he is a great guy.)

Does it sound like an interesting idea?

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Sounds good to me.

R
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Sounds great. I searched youtube for the above video precisely because I am just getting into straight jacket escapes, and I was curious how different people presented it. From a presentational point of view, I had the exact same thoughts as Ark when I first watched the video clip.

However, I thought some of the patter lines used were very entertaining. I have a fairly comedic style and this type of escape seems to lend itself very well to my performing persona.

Hopefully, we can see a few more clips from other performers.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
865 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkIE19uGhZA

I like the idea of having music recorded for a time escape. The count down at the end is brilliant.

I did not like the chains. They were put on in a way to loose configuration. (If you can call that a configuration.)

There could have been more jokes.

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Straight Jacket Escape (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL