The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2006 entrée: Richard Turner » » The most deceptive shuffle for you » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
Hi Señor Richard.
As El Profesor Dai Vernon said I agree that you are at this moment the most skilled card men in the world, and I want to know what is the most deceptive false shuffle in existance for you, a lot of magicians said that the best is the one you can perform in natural and flowness way, but you can perform all the technics with mastery, so if you can perform only one false shuffle what is yor choice.
Thanks in advance
Alejandro
Richard Turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
80 Posts

Profile of Richard Turner
Howdy Alejandro!

Let me explain one of the shuffles I like the best.
I use it on some of my DVDs and It is shown on Richard Turner “The Cheat” DVD. It is my body guard’s favorite shuffle.

The deck is broken with the right thumb and cut to the right. The thumbs interlace the two halves together then the third and pinky fingers move under the deck. Now (with the thumbs on top) the two halves are bowed up then cascaded openly and strongly into each other. The two halves are stopped short of going flush by the pinky finger that contacts the bottom card. Believe it or not but where the one card stops the cards above will also stop.

Now they are pushed through and stripped out with one running cut to bring the top half back to the top. If you do not want to do the running cut start the shuffle by cutting the top half to the left.

It is a very strong and deceptive shuffle.

Because it is a faro, that has applications.

Because it is a tabled shuffle that is also pertinent.

And because the cards are cascaded into each other it puts people to sleep.

Good luck on giving it a try! You’ll like it!
Best Deals,

Richard

WWW.RichardTurner52.com
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Richard do you know the name of that shuffle on the dvd?
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Richard Turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
80 Posts

Sorry, the shuffles are denoted by cards and I don't remember which card it was. However, Jason England I am sure can help us.

Jason, which card is it?

Thanks!
Best Deals,

Richard

WWW.RichardTurner52.com
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
Memory-Jah,

I believe this particular shuffle is called the "6 of diamonds" on Rchard's DVD. It is very deceptive.
Daniel M. Carrico
Richard Turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
80 Posts

Thank you daniel!

Richard
Best Deals,

Richard

WWW.RichardTurner52.com
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Yes I was going to hear the card name, I know of course you stated them with an index name. Thank you very much. I will have a look now ont hat shuffle, to know which you consider to be the most or best false shuffle.
There is also a thing I would like to know: Do you think a good strip out, for example the shuffle we are talking about right now, is better than a Zarrow Shuffle? If yes or no: why?
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Richard Turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
80 Posts

Hello stripout or Zarrow,

The strip-out verses the Zarrow.

I would not put one over the other because they both have a function depending on the circumstance.

Let me give you an example.

If I were going to use gaming procedure to retain a top stock, shuffle, shuffle, strip, shuffle cut I might use both.

Two strip-outs for the first shuffles... Then a strip cutting where I would keep a break after the first strip cut. Then I would thumb off two or three cards then Zorrow shuffle under the three cards setting me up for the final cut.

Let me say Herb Zarrow is a brilliant man and his shuffle is legendary.

I have had the privilege of knowing Herb for many years.

FYI he just had his 80th Birthday and sounds no different than he did 20 years ago and I pray he will be with us for years to come.

Markus, I hope this helps. But mind you, this is just my opinion and others may differ.
Best Deals,

Richard

WWW.RichardTurner52.com
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Richard,

I didn't remember the card designation for that shuffle. I've just always refered to it as the "bridge and cascade" false shuffle.

It is trickier than it looks to get down, and I had trouble with it for years. It looks fantastic in your hands.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Richard Turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
80 Posts

Howdy Hulk!

It’s my bodyguard again!

Jason, next time you are flying by on one of those KC135’s can you Para-shoot down and lift up my Vectra 4800 gym for me? It can’t weigh more than a ton or two And I need to vacuum under it.

Last time Jason was here he lifted most of my gym…all at one time

However, the old man gave him a little run for his money.

Jason, tell everyone about the fun time we had yanking and shoving.

Last year I had the privilege of being Jason’s guest at an award ceremony for the military. The year before Jason was one of those who were honored for his military contributions.

Changing the subject.

While I have my friendbodyguard here this will be as good a place as any to say thanks to everyone!

Thanks to you I learned how to negotiate a forum.

I had some interesting questions and I hope I answered a few in a way that was helpful or at least encouraging.

But most of all, I want to thank everyone for the very, very kind and generous things that you all said to me!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Until our paths cross; or I do this again, see you later, keep practicing, and God bless!

Richard Turner “The Cheat”
Best Deals,

Richard

WWW.RichardTurner52.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2006 entrée: Richard Turner » » The most deceptive shuffle for you » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL