The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mnemonica- what to expect? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Sock Puppet Monkey
So I'm at card 43 of learning the stack and I asked a friend at work to name a card and she names 6 of diamonds and then position 7. My first attempt at ACAAN and it killed! The past week of work learning the stack was well worth the response that I got. Off to practice and learn the rest of the Mnemonica stack!

SPM
sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
179 Posts

Profile of sevenup
I just finished learning the Mnemonica stack in about four days and started practicing some of the effects in the book. One of them is "All of a Kind" and for the most part everything is straight forward but in the case that a Queen is selected, isn't it more difficult to reverse the cards in the deck since queens are so close to one another? How you guys handle that situation?

The other effect I'm working on is "Control In Caos" which is an incredible effect. I havn't performed it yet since my confidence level with this one is not quite there yet but soon... very soon.

I still can't believe how easy it was to memorize the whole stack in three days. I just used the web based flash card trainer that was provided earlier in this thread. On the fourth day I could instantly name any number or card. Every time I see a number somewhere in my day to day activities I can't help but see the card at that number.

Mike
Pick a card, any card at all. Just don't pick a RED spade.
Alfalot
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Alfalot
I was thinking of buying Mnemonica anyway but reading these posts has convinced me.
I particularly like the way you can use faros to make the stack with a new deck and the chaos trick sounds good.
Fortunately, I have already memorised the stack and have been using ideas I have found in Simon Aronson's ebook "Memories are made of this". If you haven't looked at it already, it's in the magicians only section of his website and helped me a lot. It helped me so much, I feel as though I'm cheating a bit by using the Tamariz stack!
I'm really looking forward to reading Mnemonica now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mnemonica- what to expect? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL