The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Needle Through arm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

I wonder if someone would be kind enough recommend a version of the needle through arm trick. I know there are several versions out there and would like to see which one people recommend.

Also, is the gimmick the same for all. Or do different versions use different methods?

NOT asking you to actually reveal the gimmick BTW!

Thanks in advance

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
The Harry Anderson Needle works very well.The gimmick is very simple and the effect looks great.I can't comment on other needles though.

Chappelly
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

I should have said that I have the Dave Powell one myself. So I already know the gimmick for that one. If any others have different gimmicks I would be interested in buying them. But I don't just want to buy one at random just to discover that it is the same gimmick as the one I have.

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
There is a very convincing version of the paperclip/needle thru arm effect on andrew mayne's shock-fx video. From what I know, most version's use something to this effect. There really is no gimmick at all. just a small amount of preperation. But I can't reccomend getting this video enough. If you are at all into shock magic at all, get the video, there is so much good stuf on there. There is a pencil thru cheek wich I use quite alot on there. I use the paperclip thru arm for special occasions, very grotesque looking, I love it!

Smile
Coming soon... Who knows!
bielke
View Profile
New user
Germany
57 Posts

Profile of bielke
i think Anderson Needle is the best.
i have it and it is great

pierre
irishmagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of irishmagic
I have the Viking needle and so far so good.

MIKE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Needle Through arm (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL