The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The next most anticipated commercial book! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
"Larry Jennings takes it easy", the second in the trilogy written by Richard Kaufman.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2006-11-06 13:59, reese wrote:
"Larry Jennings takes it easy", the second in the trilogy written by Richard Kaufman.

According to Richard Kaufman that book will see release in the beginning of next year.
And it will be a BIG book too!

I second thar vote reese.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
DaveS
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
329 Posts

Profile of DaveS
Robert Giobbi's "Card College Light: Professional Card Magic Without Sleight-Of-Hand" due later this month from Hermetic Press.

And Ted Karmilovich's long awaited masterpiece. Smile

Dave
We shall not cease from exploration/And the end of all our exploring/Will be to arrive where we started/And know the place for the first time. (TS Elliot)
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
Kingdom of the Red by the Café's Larry Barnowsky is supposed to be coming out this spring. Although Dr. Barnowsky is known for coin magic (21st Century Coin Mechanics), I've seen his close-up magic with cards, dice, rings and ropes and it is original, ouststanding and very entertaining. He is a prolific magic creator and I heard that some of the apparatus he's invented will be revealed for the first time in this book. I'm looking forward to this new hardcover which is supposed to be 300 pages with over 400 photos.

BJ
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Both for 2007:

I'll say that Stephen Minch's english translation of Magic Christians Hofzinser book will be an absolute must have.

I'll also say that Mike Caveney's re-release of Dai Vernon's "Revelations" complete with the multitude of recently discovered pictures of The Professor's own hands doing all the moves from EATCT will pretty much set the magic book world on fire.
If there's one book you'll want to pre-order it's this one. I imagine they'll go fast and most folks who get their hands on one won't be selling again for a few decades, if at all!
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
I also can't wait for anything Bannon puts out. He is my hero.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Quote:
On 2006-10-22 09:10, atucci wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-10-21 02:25, Andrew Loh wrote:
I am looking forward of Juan Tamariz Sonata.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I just acquired a first edition Sonata on eBay and while I'm not as technically as advanced as you are, I'm finding Tamariz' teaching simply brilliant.My understanding is Stephen Minch's Hermatic Press won't be reprinting any of Tamariz' works until at least sometime in 2007 at best.

For myself, I'm just returning to magic after a 30 year absence and am passionate about close-up and specifically cards. After reading Ascanio's first book, I fell in love with the Spanish school of thought and am looking to stock my library with a mix of classics (Vernon, Marlo, etc) and contemporary artists with an emphasis on the Spanish.

As a matter of fact, I've recently agreed to write about my journey back into magic on Richard Jame's site, Connoisseur Conjuring ( http://www.cc-magic.co.uk ) under the section of 'Beginner's Section'.

From reading your posts on the Café, I understand you're an advanced cardman. If I may ask, who did you study for cards early in your career?

Good luck in your quest for Sonata.

Regards,
Tony Tuccillo
Sebastian, Florida

Hi Tony Tuccillo,

Thanks a lot of your feedback about the Sonata book. Truly appreciate it. Smile - Btw, anybody knows how much is the selling price of Juan's Sonata book??

Thanks!

P/s: I sent you a PM Tony.

Best Wishes,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Inner Secrets of the LePetomane Act by Jay Marshall.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The next most anticipated commercial book! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL