We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Need info on Sacramento, CA : help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
May relocate--what are some nice family areas/neighborhoods near sacramento, ca?
and where are some good school districts?
Ellen
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Marin county. Mill Valley was voted the 10th best place to live in the USA. Other cities around Marin are nice too.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
My cousin lives in Benicia, which is not so far from sacremento. His area is beautiful and over looks the bay.

Sure you don't want to relocate to southern California? I could help you out with much more detail...
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
My brother lives in Elk Grove. He likes it there. Let me know if you want more information.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
PM Frank Starsini. He lives in Davis and knows Sacramento pretty well.

My wife and I are hoping to move up that way in the near future. We're thinking of places East of Sacramento: Auburn, Placerville, foothills of the Sierras; more horses, fewer people.

A former coworker of mine lived in Folsom; he liked it there and had good things to say about the schools.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2006-10-16 20:27, Jordini wrote:
Marin county. Mill Valley was voted the 10th best place to live in the USA. Other cities around Marin are nice too.

Mill Valley's ninety miles from Sacramento. That may not be near enough.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Check Elk Grove first and then Carmichael. Some of the suggestions above are quite a ways from Sac.
Steve V
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2006-10-17 01:30, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-10-16 20:27, Jordini wrote:

Mill Valley's ninety miles from Sacramento. That may not be near enough.

Yes, but it's VERY nice. Smile
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Auburn and Folsom are VERY nice and close enough to Sacramento but distant enough for better living. Be advised that Sacramento gets pretty HOT in the summer. But you never have to shovel the winter!
My choice would be Auburn. Sirera foothills and gorgeous with a small town atmosphere still evident.

Sacramento itself does have some 'iffy' neighborhoods like any urban area so do your homework!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Thanks guys!

Doug--pretty hot? Ok, I am used to feet and feet of lake effect snow. SICK of it. Wish I could wear shorts wear round! The last few places I've lived, snow was a main staple! NH, NY!!!
So bring on the sun!

I appreciate you all with your ideas!

Ellen
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
My sister used to live in Sacramento, but didn't make much $$$ so had to live in a somewhat 'iffy' neighborhood. Definitely do your homework, and make sure you can afford a safe place.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1358 Posts

Profile of reedrc
My office is out of Elk Grove, Ca. PM me. We can chat
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Auburn is beautiful and would be my choice also, then there is Placerville, Rockville, Roseville, Folsom is nice also. Sacramento gets seriously hot in the Summer and is very close to the snow line. Picture this, you can be snow sking w/in 90 minutes or less in one direction and at the beach 90 in the other. Oddly the snow and the ocean are around the same temperature. Also w/in an easy drive is Lake Tahoe, Reno, Yosemite, San Francisco, me, oh...there is a great magic shop in Carmichael.
Steve V
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
My mother-in-law is in Roseville. I have liked it when I have visited. Also PM Steve Brooks, he can tell you a lot about the area.
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
It always fascinated me how the pacific was so darn cold and how the outside temp is very hot!!

Ellen
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
It is called a cold water current, runs in to the coat around the center of the state and stays cold. Brooks was in the Santa Rosa area I believe, not exactly Sacramento. Oh, the Benecia reference is interesting because while it is kinda between the bay and the delta there are huge refineries that that tend to make it kinda unattractive to many people. San Quentin has a great view of the bay too but ya wouldn't want to live there!
Steve V
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2006-10-17 09:32, Doug Higley wrote:

My choice would be Auburn. Sierra foothills and gorgeous with a small town atmosphere still evident.

Mine too: there's an 8,000 acre gated community in Auburn (or just outside it): all horse property! There are trails all through the community, and it's near the Western States Trail that runs to Lake Tahoe. That's where I'd like to end up.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Auburn it is then! Let's start a magic Commune and make Kool Aid!

Used to visit Auburn FROM Lake tahoe...we used to go there for a great Speedway Motorcycle program they had going. Good stuff. Grass valley's around there somewhere too and that's a nice place as well.

Benicia? Kind of a dump. (sorry) Unless you like a view of a bazillion old World War 2 Liberty Ships in moth balls. Also too close to the Bay Area...UGH...scary palce.

See ya in Auburn.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Grass Valley is nice but that is quite a drive from Sac, can get rough in the Winter. Great fishing though. There, Auburn it is! Sure it is a commute but worth it.

Hey Cliff! How messed up is Long Beach if Benecia made a good list? :0)
Steve V
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Steve, I take it you have been in San Quenton yourself? You seem to know what the veiw is all about.

I will admit my experience of Benicia is limited. I have a cousin who I hae visited there. He lives on a nice suburban street with a great view of the bay, and he says with the summer breeze he gets fromo the bay, he almost never uses the air conditioner. maybe his is the only nice street in the twon, but I doubt it. Or, the city has gone WAY down hill since I visited 4 years ago.

Long beach is like any other large california city. Really nice in some parts, really lousy in others. I live on a very nice street with wonderful neighbors and lots of children.

So when do you get paroled?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Need info on Sacramento, CA : help (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL