The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Coat Hanger tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

busterjuggler
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia travelling worldwide now
352 Posts

Profile of busterjuggler
What a weird question! I was playing round with a coat hanger today, balancing it in many different ways on my nose and chin, and then I thought! What else can I do with a coathanger? not like linking rings coathangers, but tricks like balancing and juggling etc? any ideas anyone?

Cheers,
James
James BuSTAR
Australia's Comedy Juggling Superstar
info@jamesbustar.com
http://www.jugglingsuperstar.com
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
I recall seeing a neat little "stunt" with a coat hanger written in a book when I was younger. If I remember correctly, it involved bending a metal coat hanger into a diamond shape, placing a quarter on the end of the hook, spinning it on your finger, and bringing it to a halt without letting the coin fall off. I'll have to look for more information on this...

Dan
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
The trick with spinning the coin on the hanger is in Martin Gardners Encyopedia of Impromptu Magic, also has other hanger thingers. I also read it in another book recently but j..j...no, it was on the new dvd by I think the name is (someone will correct me cuz there is a review in the reviews section but I'm doped up right now on cold medicine) Charlie Frye Eccentrics.
Steve V
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Here is a linky to the dvd review thread. This dvd is juggler friendly, since I can't juggle it isn't me friendly.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......1&23

Steve V
itshim
View Profile
Elite user
Milton Keynes
417 Posts

Profile of itshim
The hanger trick was also in JUGGLE magazine recently.

You could always climb through the hanger (if your thin)

Nigel
I knew a man who kept saying "pliers, pincers, scissors". He was speaking in tongs.

www.itshim.co.uk
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
There's a great guy here in the UK, very funny, called Maynard Flip Flap.

He does a trick where he manages to step through a wire coat hanger.

I can't do this myself, but then Maynard isn't 17 stone of escape artist, I am Smile

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
I was just about saying "clib through it". I climb through a squash racket - that's pretty funny. But has nothing to do with a coat hanger...

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Keith from the Bindelstiffs can ballence a full shotglass on one, spin it around and bring it back to a complete stop without spilling a drop.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Stretch two coat hangers so the hooks are at the top and it then forms a long slender line downward. Place the hooks through your nipple peircings and then have a five year old child grab a hold of them and swing!

OK bad idea.

I have never seen this done, but it would be cool to see someone do it. Juggle a hat, a hanger and a coat/jacket. Next to you is a coat rack. At some point you retain the hanger and catch the jacket perfectly on hanger and toss is towards the coat rack where the hanger catches a hook. You then toss the hat that was still in the air but quickly coming down towards the coat rack where it lands and stays.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Coat Hanger tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL