The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Blockhead question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
What is considered to be the longest "nail or like object" over to be uesed foir the blockead trick. Also what is considered to be the average legneth... If anyone want to post the size they use feel free. I use a 4inch nail and a slightly longer screwdriver...

Yours Anton
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I use a six inch nail but, as with so many things in life, it's not the size that matters.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
It's the width.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
And proper lubrication.
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
Does 6" go all the way in Todd (all kidding aside ; ) I saw you do it at the gathering but can't remember. I use a 4 1/2" nail/chisel. I'm guessing 3 1/2"-4" is average but I don't really know.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I can only do 4" with a nail.
5 1/2" with a necklace glowstick (It curves).
Gwyd
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
My nails are about 4. I've not tried longer, maybe I should.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
The longest object I've used was an approx. 7 inch eyeglasses arm.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
carnevilcircus
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of carnevilcircus
I keep telling the crowd it's a 6 inch screwdriver, I know the thing is so freaking wide it'll barely fit back there, but I'd say 6 is the limit before I tap bottom....
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
TO KNOW ABOUT GAGE ASK AND I CAN POST THE PREVIOUS STORY. it barely deals with the story I am posting about.

Gage ran through our minds again in 2005 when construction worker Patrick Lawler fell down a staircase carrying a nail gun. Talk show audiences were amazed to see a fully recovered Lawler describing X-ray images of a 4-inch nail standing upright above his jaw. Lawler had used Advil to put off a “toothache” for six days before he realized there was a nail in his face

extreme block head.

Click here to view attached image.
carnevilcircus
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Hmmmm well atleast he was'nt running with scissors...
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Some scissors fit.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
carnevilcircus
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Before or after you fell with them?
heeheehee
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Oh, yes!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I use a 5 3/4" nail. I got them from farm and fleet in Chicago, they are awesome for stage as they can be seen by the whole audience.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
I guess now is a good time to remind everyone here that I still do blacksmithing and fabricate blockhead nails to custom specs for sideshow entertainers. The nails are hand forged from surgical implant grade stainless steel, guaranteed never to rust! I've made some big ones.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
I might just order one, after I meet with Mr. Newman later next summer. That is if he teaches me the way to perform block head, I am not sure if that will be covered or not. Smile
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I can definately recommend TGN's nails.

I used them daily since I got them 3 ish months ago and I can honestly say they're the best nails I've ever had.

The only downer for me is I can't gove them away to specs. Its not the cost so much, more the fact they just look too good to hand over.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
fredmoore
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of fredmoore
I've used the cocktail "straws" before, great for those impromptu moments at the bar when somebody says "show me a trick".

They never ask again!
www.moorefred.com

"Find A Job You Love And You
Add 5 Days To Your Week!"
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Where can Blockhead be found?
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Blockhead question (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL