The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Expanded Shell Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I'll also recommend Dean Dill, Roth, and Hooser....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-10-17 17:09, james08 wrote:
What routine your doin with your expanded shell? where I can find good routine for expanded shell?

How far did you get with the items in Bobo's?

Have you borrowed a quarter, made if vanish, then taken out two of your coins and changed the seleted one into their coin? The method's in Bobo's. Smile

The gaff is usually brought in to solve a problem in a trick, or to offer a specific "look" to the item. Check out the "mutiplying money" item in hoffmann's "more magic" for some ideas. Also the routines using covers a few pages before.

So much material if you look.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I mentioned this in the other coin section, but on the 2 vol. DVD set on COINS ACROSS by the New York Coin Magic Seminar group, there are several tricks that use this gaff, from Roth, Latta, Gallo, and Harbottle. Plus so much more. You can find it and the contents on the website, http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net , or now at many of your local magic dealers!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
I think there is also a video called, "Shell Shocked" that pertained to this type of work. I do not remember how the material on there is. I think it is from Barry Taylor???
Sleightly_Done
View Profile
New user
Danville, KY
77 Posts

Profile of Sleightly_Done
Quote:
On 2006-10-17 20:03, Jonathan Townsend wrote: Good timing guy, check out Homer Liwag's offering.

Jonathan is right about pointing you to this. HE JUST DIDN'T SAY IT LOUD ENOUGH! I don't usually like the idea of "single effect" DVDs, however, I read so many good things about CoinOne I just had to see what the hype was all about for myself. This is REAL MAGIC with 4 coins and a [ and it just doesn't get any better. And it is within reach of the average coin guy.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Check out Kainoa's book "Coinapalooza I: Shell Shocked". At http://www.kainoaland.com
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
james08
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of james08
Wow!!! never expect so much response in my post... I'm checking all your suggestions in coin shell routine. never expect that there are lot of effect that you can do with this powerful gaff..

thanks guys!!!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The gaff is quite useful. If you followed the discussion about visible coin jumps elsewhere* you might also enjoy using the ] to permit a borrowed and marked quarter to jump from hand to hand pretty much visibly.

*You can find some ideas on that... see the movie "The Fly", "The Prestge" and find some of my work in the September issue of Genii.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Hmmmm, lets see...other than what people have already mentioned there's:
-Corey Burke's wonderful Payphone DVD, has some shell work in it
-East Coast Super Session's book has stuff in it
-Plenty of stuff in the Roth book as well as COINMAGIC both by Kaufman
-Kenner's Totally Out of Control
-Close-up and Personal (David Regal)
-Chris Korn's Radical and Extreme Korn DVDs

Those are just some I can think of off the top of my head and that I don't think have been mentioned yet. I have a few routines using a shell that are being released soon in my manuscript as well.

Take a look at the stuff that has already mentioned as well as what I've added there's a wealth of material out there.

Good luck in the search,
Bill
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
393 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
Don't forget Roger Klause's routine from Klause in concert. He showed it to me at a convention in Texas many years back, and I've been doing it ever since.

- John
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Or, how about something really simple, like the Kort material from Bobo? There is a great "Coins Thru the Table" under an old-fashioned glass, using this principle. Or, even the very first item in Bobo with a ] - I think it is called "Mystery with A Half Shell", is great! Just a production and vanish and reproduction of coins, very simple, but miraculous-looking if you work on it...

I've always thought of this as a "utility" item, more than a trick unto itself. This and the C/S gaff. In fact, I've often said that with those two utility items, half a dozen coins, and an Okito Coin Box, I had all the coin magic I'd ever need, and then some!

Using it as a utility item lets you do things in a much "cleaner" way. It simplifies procedures for you. There are several very good "No-]" Billiard Ball routines, but very few folks bother - they are really hard to do, and most miss that magical moment that a ] allows you to put over. The same thing is true of coins. With a ] you can get that "clean' look that is impossible otherwise. And you can get from point "A" to point "D" without having to hit "B&C"!

Use your imagination - look at a trick you do now, and ask yourself, what if I could get one-ahead? Or, what if I could get one-behind? Would this help? I find that if I think about general principles rather than specific tricks, I sometimes come to a greater appreciation of the magic I can generate.

Sure, we can name tricks that use a ] all day long, but, it's kind of like the "feed a man a fish, teach a man to fish" story - I do better when I understand the principles, and explore the possibilities for myself. Anyway, there sure is a lot out there! Have fun...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
If you like the idea of incorporating fire with an expanded shell routine, Nathan Kranzo's Fire Coins is a $5.99 instant download that I've been enjoying. Here's a link (it's towards the bottom of the page):

http://www.hismagic.com/?page_id=15
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Expanded Shell Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL