We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Bottom dealing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2006-10-21 14:11, jcards01 wrote:
Doc, I noticed you knew Ed also. Have we ever met that you know of? I go back to the mid 70's and 80's being in Chicago. The round table from 1975 thru the 80's and working at Mr. C's Magic Lounge in the mid to late 70's.

No Jimmy we never met nor did I know Ed Marlo personally that's why I wrote previously I studied his work by his videos (from a video aspect). After studying the "The Phantom of the Card Table" I seen Marlo in "The Cardician" doing the punch deal (the only known punch dealing video at that time) and from that point on I studied all of Ed Marlo's work regarding gambling; especially his book Seconds, Centers and Bottoms. Another reason why I studied Ed Marlo is because other books that I've read always showed that out of all the magicians that were around gamblers during that time, Ed was the only one to always outshine (learn better or quicker) the others when taught by the hustler. So then why not go and study under the best student?

Respectfully,

Doc
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16010 Posts

Profile of tommy
Any of you guys got this Turner - Best of Bottoms DVD?

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/details.......STOFBOT^
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Yes, I have it.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
How good is it? it looks like it would be really nice
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
EMVT
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of EMVT
The Turner best of the bottoms dvd is excellent he teaches you various ways of doing bottoms and his take is great, also this is a double dvd set which gives you some other added goodies as well if you like Mr Turner's style as much as I do you'll definitely love this tape.

Take care
EMVT
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16010 Posts

Profile of tommy
I think Richard Turner is one of the very best I ever seen. I did not know about this DVD though. So I will have get it.
I have The Cheat DVD which helped me a lot with my bottom deal but I had to play it in slow mo to see what he was doing.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
C. Loubard
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of C. Loubard
While Mr. Turner is great, I was not overly impressed with this DVD. Perhaps I am currently at a different place with my skill in contrast to some of you here, perhaps not. I am just giving my opinion.

For What it's worth, I have also seen him do it person and was not overly impressed.

Could his bottom "get the money?" Sure, as long as he wasn't playing in the presence of fast company.

Now, his second-deal, in my opinion, is a thing of beauty.

C. Loubard
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Thanks for the insight. For some reason I really believe what you say and I don't even know your capabilities.

Doc
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
I tryed using the push off for the longest of time but never felt comfortable doing it. I use a version of the strike bottom deal that I learnt from Jerry Camero's video On The Bottom deal. In this deal..the deck is taken away sleightly from the card..for me, this cuts out a lot of noise in the move.

rick-
Self concept is destiny..
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
I use light touch. that usually takes all the sound out. just don't drop the deck
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Bottom dealing (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL