The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Anywhere Bill patter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
I'm looking for some suggestions of good patter to use along with Ken Driscoll's Anywhere Bill. I can't seem to come up with anything that is logical. I tell the person that I am tearing the corner off of the bill and giving it to them as a receipt in case something goes wrong with the trick. I then burn the bill which doesn't really make sense given what I just said, and then I proceed to reveal the bill in an impossible location. My patter kind of dwindles as the effect progresses. What patter are other people using?

-Matt
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Don't say the "in case something goes wrong" part. You could just say, "Thanks for the dollar..." Rip the corner. "Here's a receipt."

Or just say, "Let's give your bill a unique appearance". Rip the corner and hand it to them.

BTW, is this still for sale? I see Anywhere Bill 2 for sale but I think it's something you add to the original Anywhere Bill routine. Am I wrong about that? Or is Anywhere Bill 2 self contained.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
You can find Anywhere Bill and Anywhere Bill 2 at MJM Magic, that's where I bought mine. Anywhere Bill 2 just gives some additional tips and presentational ideas, it doesn't explain the actual workings of the effect. Thanks for the tips by the way.

-Matt
Brandon Delgado
View Profile
Loyal user
St. Louis, Missouri
293 Posts

Profile of Brandon Delgado
Another suggestion for the patter: "in case something goes wrong" would make perfect sense if something DID go wrong.... So, pretend like you are going to do one thing with the bill, but "accidentally" burn it (or otherwise mutilate it). Now, the reason for giving a receipt is justified, and you also have a pretty good reason to bring the bill back. Smile

Alternatively, you could simply say that the corner is proof that there are no duplicate bills. But that's not as much fun...

-B
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I like that. So the burning is a mistake. I don't know how you justify pulling out matches or a lighter but it would be very funny if done right.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Brandon Delgado
View Profile
Loyal user
St. Louis, Missouri
293 Posts

Profile of Brandon Delgado
Yup, that's the hard part...justifying the burning. maybe there's a candle nearby and you get a little too close... Plenty of potential ideas. You just have to figure out a way to work the burning into the presentation.

It reminds me of a scene from the Naked Gun where Leslie Nielsen is sneaking around an office at night and finds an important piece of paper showing a shady bank transaction. The evidence he is looking for! Can't quite read it, though so he uses a lighter for some reading light and, well, you can probably guess the rest...

-B
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Anywhere Bill patter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL