The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cheat your friends at poker (The Book) any thoughts. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
I want to learn as much as I can about card cheating, so I started reading. Erdnase, I'm studying page to page. Everything I can get on cheating, I'm reading or watching. I just finished "how to cheat your friends at poker". The author talks about controlling the entire table, knowing everyone’s cards. He mentions learning the second, bottom deal, blind riffle shuffles, blind cuts, stock shuffles, cut locations, cull shuffles, two handed erdnase shift, palming and the section on player without an allie. I wanted to know what your thoughts were on these moves. What do you think the most logical moves to learn for an actual game are? Do you nail nick?
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
That book was written for pleasure. It has some good ideas in it and a lot of laughs but as far as doing what he is doing I'm not so sure you want to cheat to that extent.

It makes a great story but its definately fiction.
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
I'm honestly just interested in the methods. I never said I was going to lead that life, I don't plan on it. I'm just fascinated that someone can know everyones cards throught the game. just want to know if anyone is able to do that and the bets method for this.
EMVT
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of EMVT
Erdnase is your best source, this book truly is the bible you must study and perfect this text if you plan on cheating and even then this is not enough you must actually play in games for fun to start and then if you choose for money you will get a taste of the real work that is needed.

Books will provide you with the essentials but unless you master the mechanics of the whole calender of the card table artifice section you are one step ahead and remember even after you perfect all of these wepons and moves just like erdnase says there is always another ruse or move that is needed to complete the previous one.

Good luck and keep practicing
EMVT
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Ive never read anything on nail nicks. I would say that it would be difficult in the least to mark and entire deck with nail nicks. More reasonable would be maby one or two cards. Then you have to worry about being able to read the marks from far away but the players still not being able to see them.

The only way that I know to know what everyone has is cold decking an entire table. Dickie uses that a few times as you may have read.

If you want best methods here is what I would learn(what I have learned) move wise.

bottom deal
second deal
overhand runup
riffle stacking
few false cuts
few false shuffles (they don't need to retain the entire deck just the portion of cards you want)

If you learn these things you can dominate at any table and know everything that is going on if your good enough.

If I was you I would start with overhand and riffle stacking. Ive found that those to are the simplest methods or cheating and hte most effective as well.

If I have left anything out someone feel free to add something.

BTW I didn't add mucking becasue I feel that its not nessary. It scary and doesn't really garuntee a large win. I know that other things don't garuntee a big win but for the risk mucking doesn't have any added value.
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
TheCount
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of TheCount
The best and most logical moves are entirely based on the situation. What works in one game for one person at one table won't necessarily work in another situation. The mention of hand mucking in the previous post is a good example, it has limited application in some games but in others it can be highly effective.

I certainly wouldn't underestimate the simple methods.
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Quote:
On 2006-10-19 11:20, TheCount wrote:
I certainly wouldn't underestimate the simple methods.

This is really true and especially true if your just starting out. Some of the moves like a bottom or second deal may not get by people for 6 months or a year. But something like the overhand runnup can be learned in anywhere from 5min to a few hours. You need something simple to get you excited and then once you have something to fall bakc on you can try new and harder moves
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cheat your friends at poker (The Book) any thoughts. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL