The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Question for the Coin experts concerning S&S & Eddie Gibson Coin Unique (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
If I buy Coin Unique by Eddie Gibson, is buying a Scotch & Soda pointless or is it good to own both since both can be used differently? What are your thoughts?
§kitch
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1907 Posts

Profile of tbaer
To me they are pretty much the same trick, however, some will tell you, they will not ever hand out coin unique because the way the gimmick is made. But I've always handed out coin unique after the effect and have never been questioned.

I would say if there were any differences, the reset is a lot quicker and easier with coin unique.
SeoMagi
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of SeoMagi
Although Coin Unique looks intriguing, I've heard issues about the gimmick fitting together "smoothly." I'm also interested in Vodka & OJ, which is cheaper, and I'm curious if it has any other shortcomings to CU than the easier reset.
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
I have had no problems with the parts of my coin unique fitting together. I initially have the "quarter" in front so that the audience can see the size difference. I then casually place the quarter overlapping the half behind the half. I then toss the coins into my other hand and close it into a loose fist. The act of the two hitting my hand nests them together almost 90% of the time, and if it doesn't, they can be slid together in the act of closing your fist.

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Question for the Coin experts concerning S&S & Eddie Gibson Coin Unique (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL