The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » XXXL Costuming (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
OK ... for the big guys in the group (XXXL) what types of costuming do you use? I am afraid a vest doesn't work the way I'd like and I'm goping for some ideas. Presently I use tan pants and a Hawaian or black dress shirt (kid's shows.)

Thanks,
Dan.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1005 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Would it not be great to see a full wizard costume as opposed to a magician (read that as "conjuror").

The wizard costume allows a full cover and brings a completely different aspect to the whole concept of magic.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
What is the look you are going for? What is lacking in your current "costume"?

Presently, I'm looking for a pair of nice cargo pants that I'll wear with a sports jacket. This will give me places to hold cards and coins and other stuff. The coat pocket is just large enough to hold a set of ninja rings without bulging.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I'm looking for something that defines me more as a magician without being completely over the top. I think first impressions with an audience is important. I am very confident in my show being entertaining and it gets rolling quickly but I don't want to look like a guy off the street. I Mostly do kids and family shows. Maybe just a bit more color in a blazer? I wish I could get by with a vest but don't like they way the seem to fit as they are rarely long enough.

I'm fishing for ideas.

Thanks,
Dan.
magicfun4u
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of magicfun4u
Big guy here too. My wife has a vest made for me with a funny pattern material but wouldn't you know it...it is actually too big. Don't get to say that very often. I too wish I could find what I am looking for in large sizes.
"Butter Biscuit"
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Another big guy checking in here...

You can often find colorful blazers and yep, even colorful vests in XXXL sizes at speciatly shops that cater to hip hop fashion. Look around, every city has at least one shop like this.

Lyndel
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
You can get Renaissance costumes in big sizes. A loose pair of tied-at-the-waist pants, a long shirt with puffy sleeves, and a jerkin make a good, comfortable costume. Accent with an appropriate hat and you're set.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » XXXL Costuming (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL