We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » BlindSight Review request (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Waiting for mine on backorder as well.
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Loyal user
Santa Barbara, CA
294 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Any word on the time frame for this?
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
202 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
I ordered mine on October 18th from HP and just got notice (last Wednesday) that it should be shipping "this week". Which means it should be in the mail by now. Well, we'll see.....

-Wolfgang
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
I ordered mine on the 12th of October and have been told it is due in "tomorrow or early next week"...that was 8 days ago...I've heard nothing.
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
I was told today that these back ordered items didn't show up when they thought they would....but they do expect it in...."eventually".

Back order would suggest some people got the first lot...why no reviews at all?

I suspect orders shouldn't have been taken in advance without stating they were "in advance"...not exactly fair, especially when one also waits for other items to come with it...
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
I'm puzzled that InSight was supposed to be released after BlindSight at the start of 2007... but now it appears that everybody is already playing around with InSight while BlindSight is stuck in backorder limbo.

This annoys me - I hope that they didn't push back one release in favor of another to cash in on the ACAAN craze.

And I too would like to know that I'm preordering before I click the buy button.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Quote:
On 2006-11-08 17:33, Malchat wrote:

And I too would like to know that I'm preordering before I click the buy button.

I totally agree with you, Matt.

I had the foresight to order Insight from Devin since I realized I would otherwise be waiting a long time. I received Farsight from HP with a note indicating that Blindsight has been back-ordered.

In hindsight, I see that I should have ordered Farsight and Blindsight form Devin as well.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Whew!
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
I suppose we could redub this HindSight. Smile
“You are what you pretend to be.”
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Loyal user
Santa Barbara, CA
294 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Devin?
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3960 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I have heard that Blindsight was the most talked about effect at Mindvention and that all the magicians/mentalists were completely fooled and entertained by it. I just heard from Devin who is still in Vegas (what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas)and is completing the thorough manuscript. As soon as he returns, he will start shipping them out. I am looking forward in getting this.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Thanks for having the foresight to provide some insight about Blindsight, (which just happens to be nowhere in sight) Magicinsight.

I am o.k. with waiting for the official release of an effect. But had I known that the product wasn't even completed, I would have purchased something else in the meantime. (...possibly another Devin Knight effect)
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3960 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
...and have a good night.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-11-09 15:06, magicinsight wrote:
I have heard that Blindsight was the most talked about effect at Mindvention and that all the magicians/mentalists were completely fooled and entertained by it. I just heard from Devin who is still in Vegas (what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas)and is completing the thorough manuscript. As soon as he returns, he will start shipping them out. I am looking forward in getting this.

That's actually fine with me. While I don't like to be kept waiting, I'd much rather see this be done right than be done quickly. Can't wait to get my copy!

-Wolfgang
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
Done right is indeed right...sold "right" is also nice. I'm fine with waiting...I'm even better if I know I'll be waiting ahead of time rather than by default.

Something about carts and horses springs to mind.

I'm enthused that it is being well received. Smile
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
724 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Devin Demo'd Blindsight for me and some other magicians and it's a very clever effect. I think it's very worthwhile and plan on picking it up when released.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

I just got shipping confirmation and a tracking number from HP. BlindSight should be in my grubby hands early next week! Finally! I can't wait. I'll report back here with a review unless someone beats me to it.

-Wolfgang
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
I just got my Blindsight 2 days ago. It is everything it is claimed to be, a real working piece of magic. The effect is very well thought out and explained. I have yet to perform it publicly but see this going over very well. It is a very non-gimmicky effect with the only limits being one's to ability to put together a great performance. The items that come with the effect will last through many performances and will be able to be replaced at minimal cost when the time comes. You are paying for a brilliant handling and effect rather than some gimmick that will eventually wear out.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1147 Posts

Profile of caigy
I have 'Farsight' and I think it is fantastic. Will 'Blindsight' be available through any Dealers here in the UK?

Paul McCaig.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
https://virya-uk.com/
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
On the other thread a dealer in the UK has said he will be carrying this. Murphy's will have stock in a few days.

Devin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » BlindSight Review request (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL