We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » BlindSight Review request (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
202 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
I finally got my copy of BlindSight and managed a few test performances (no paying customers though). Here's what I have found:

It's extremely well thought-out and very clean. I’m delighted with the thinking that went into this and the subtle application of some well known (among mentalists) ideas.

Angles can be a problem (if there can be people standing behind you) but it's possible to manage that situation so that I could do this in a table-hopping situation where someone wanders up behind me.

Reset can be done at the end or the beginning so it's effectively instant. Very practical effect for table-hopping and it can be even be adapted for stand-up walk around.

There's nothing new here in terms of how this works but the combination of principles is original (as far as I know) and I did fool my magician buddies with this. It's a strong effect. Unfortunately, the main technique used (something which a prior post of Devin's caused me to think would not be used) is something that I'm already doing in a very similar way in my bread-and-butter table-hopping routine. This means I will prefer not to use both my original routine and BlindSight in the same set. (While the overall effects are very different, the handling is just to0 similar for the first part of the effect. I'm probably overly picky here but I don't like to use this same idea twice in a short period of time.)

-Wolfgang
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1624 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Blindsight is a fabalous effect.
I remembered some time ago I emailed Devin regards to how I thought it was done.
He answered back promptly to said that I was almost correct.The ending was quite his, and very clever.
Still, his thinking and handling was worth the buy.
Blindsight is a great trick for table hopping, with instant reset.
Richard
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
This sounds great, is anyone stocking this yet.
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
I like the thinking of blindsight! very, very good!!!
kiki
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Hocus Pocus and Hank Lee has it in stock as far as I know.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1624 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Hi Fbnc.
Get blindsight, you'll love this effect. To me, it's one of the best strolling tricks around.
I did it again last night at a strolling gig, from table to table.
I am now working on (insight), next will be (farsight).
Devin, you really did a great job on the instructions for both.
Richard.
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
Banachek put a great idea by Jonathon Grant in Psychological Subtleties 2 called 'Hoy/Karmilovich Test Redux'.

Because of the similar pick-a-color themes, it's an interesting way to expand the 'BlindSight' presentation for a larger audience.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
nikyas
View Profile
Loyal user
Kuala Lumpur
207 Posts

Profile of nikyas
Alakazam is carrying this product in UK, I just bought one from them
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
This arrived today, I've spent today playing around with it and putting it all together.

What a nice idea for an effect, a great collection of methods to make a very direct piece of mentalism. This was exactly the sort of thing I have been looking for recently - a different and interesting concept, straightforward and easy to follow, easy to carry and reset, uses the spectator's 'abilities' rather than your own, and packs a very strong punch.

I will certainly be using this, and it's not often I add new effects.

Well done DEvin.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
jackcurtis
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of jackcurtis
From what I gather, most of you are talking about performing this close up in a table hopping environment. Would you recommend this for a stage environment? Perhaps with bigger envelopes. Or would that interfere with the handling?

Many thanks
evanthx
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
197 Posts

Profile of evanthx
I've done it on a stage with the envelopes provided and had no trouble with it. It wasn't a huge stage, just a night-club style setting, but it went well.

I also fooled my wife with it, which was worth the price all by itself. Smile I like this routine quite a bit.
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
I ordered today but I got a question.This might sound stupid but the colors aren't already written right? Because my language isn't english and I don't want to use it that way.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
No the envelopes supplied are blank, you can write the colors as they are called out in ANY language you wish. The prediction card is left blank so you can fill it in with the prediction in your own language.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Just for the record, this trick is being translated by Murphys into three languages.
French, Spanish and Japanese. This will allow many of our non english speaking friends to experience this effect.
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Got this awhile back. Great effect. I only have Devin's Farsight and Blindsight and they are both awesome. next is foresight!!
jackcurtis
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of jackcurtis
Arrived this morning. I'm really pleased with this! very generously priced. I shall be working this into my act without a doubt. I'm more of a stage/cabreret performer and it will suit my style nicely. Thanks for the help.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Do I need to buy refills? Smile
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2671 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On 2007-05-01 20:10, dpe666 wrote:
Do I need to buy refills? Smile

have you seen any refills for sale?

no

s
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2021 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Refills for what?
Envelopes?
Cards?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK its been a few years, lets hear what some of you guys have done with this Gem.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » BlindSight Review request (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL