The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Card trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
Not sure if this is the place to ask but I'm looking for a trick that I believe is called Magnetic cards. I could be wrong on the name. Magician takes some cards and lays them out in a circle he then lays his hands on the cards and lifts up, the cards stick to his hand and fall at will. Has anybody heard of such a trick?
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I believe one method can be found in one of the Tarbell volumes.

A clue. Another involves a finger ring and something else. Not sure where I saw this one.
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
I don't know if this is the version you are looking for, but I have a slim Dover paperback called 'Classic Card Tricks' by Edward Victor. On the cover is a photo of him performing 'The Magnetized Cards' and the effect is explained in the book. This version uses no gimmicks and is quite fun to do. Thanks for mentioning it because this book had been shoved into a corner of the bookcase and forgotten. Now that I have it out, I believe I will revive an attempt to work up this magnetized card effect, as well as others from the book. The cover price is $6.95 (I love these Dover reprints).
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
818 Posts

Profile of magico
Gary Plants sells a great verison of this trick, his website is http://www.thecardplant.com
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1965 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Gary Plants makes great gaffed cards.
MagicMarker
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of MagicMarker
'Classic Card Tricks' by Edward Victor

That is one of the better Dover Books in the series.
I'm a fan of them as well.

-Rd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Card trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL