The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ending to Strat-O-Sphere (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doodad
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Doodad
Can anyone tell me a good ending to this trick? I do the red ball in the box at the end but I kind of peter out there. How do you end or segue? Thanks!
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Jim Gerrish and his Wiz Kids have used a three trick combination routine sandwiching the Strato-Spheres in between the Crystal Silk Cylinder and the Bengal net. Jim will be including this trio of effects in his new book "The Hardboard and Duct Tape Magic Show - Book 2" but I digress. You don't have to wait that long or buy anything to use the concept.

He starts out with the Crystal Silk Cylinder, but uses a modified Stratosphere tube instead of the original Crystal Silk Cylinder tube- in order words, it has thge red, green and blue "logo" on the cover. Into the crystal silk cylinder, he places three silks, red, green and blue. They change into three balls, red, green and blue.

Now he is set up for the Stratospheres, because he already has the extra (cough cough sputter sputter) inside the Strato-sphere cylinder. He removes the balls, replaces the cover, inserting the blur, then the gree, and finally the red, showing that the red travels down to the bottom through the other two balls. I believe he does this twice. The third time, he puts in just the green and blue balls and vanishes the red ball in a modified center vanish Devil's Hank (described on The Magic Nook Forum in the secret section for Children's Magic - just request a password if you don't already have one).

He used to go through a huge outpouring of the colored plastic balls from the tube as his finale, but then that became cumbersome (not to mention somewhat messy) so he went back toi his FIRST ending for the trick, using a Bengal Net. He decorated the top of his Bengal Net with the same "logo" as on the Strato-Spheres/ Crystal Silk Cylinder tube- the red, blue and green ball. He places the three balls into the bengal net and suddenly they turn back into the three handkerchieves that he started out with.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1617 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2006-10-18 19:59, Doodad wrote:
Can anyone tell me a good ending to this trick? I do the red ball in the box at the end but I kind of peter out there. How do you end or segue? Thanks!

Hi there Doodad.
Send me your email and I wil forward an mp3 of my strato.
Richard.
Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
540 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
Richard sent you an email
mrmystic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
200 Posts

Profile of mrmystic
My outer tube needed repainting, when I painted it I put colored magnets on it instead of painting the circles. During a show it occured to me that I could move the magnets as wanted. So now when the red ball keeps comming back where it doesn't belong, I move the magnets to match the ball pattern, outsmarting the red tricky ball in the end. The kids laugh at my failures, but cheer at my success over the ball at the end.
frogstomper
View Profile
New user
Gold Coast, Australia
59 Posts

Profile of frogstomper
Hey Richard, any chance you can send it to me as well?
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1617 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Hi Frogstomper.
Check my profile for my email address.
Send me a message and I will forward the mp3.
It just the performance at a birthday party.
Richard.
frogstomper
View Profile
New user
Gold Coast, Australia
59 Posts

Profile of frogstomper
Thanks Richard. I have sent you an email.
frogstomper
View Profile
New user
Gold Coast, Australia
59 Posts

Profile of frogstomper
My email didn't go through the other day. I just found it in my outbox. I have now sent it to you.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Jim Gerrish decided NOT to include his Crystal Silk Rectangular, etc.( described above last October) in his Hardboard Book. Instead, he found some inexpensive glass vases in Wal-Mart ($1.69) and the local craft stores ($2) and has rewritten the whole routine to include in The Wizards' Journal #11 (on my site). They are now posted and ready for review. Their spot in the Hardboard Books will be taken by other effects, but for those who really want to make a Crystal Silk Rectangular, Jim has included the directions with his Glass Vase and Tube instructions just to show you that it CAN be done and it is an option (but very difficult for the weekend builder).
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
MR MYSTIC THANK YOU! YOU JUST JOGGED MY MIND A BIT. I wasnted to do just that and you brought it back to the front of my mind.. Excellent idea!
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
I just change the red ball in the box to a hankercheif that is the match to the other half of my 20th century silks, I finish by showing the red ball is back in the tube and seque (sp) into 20th century silks.

As a side note my wife does not like any stock items so she took my outer tube to the local vinal dealer and had him cover it in silver with the balls done in colors on the front and purple stripes top and bottom. Looks great under stage lighting.

Jeff
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
I like to think that the red ball in the middle is the climax to this effect. Pretty magical that it transports from where it vanished back to the tube.
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
rxwookie
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
59 Posts

Profile of rxwookie
You can act very surprised that it is no longer in the box. Look everywhere, under the box, on the floor, behind the kid's ear in the front row. Get upset and lift the outer cover and voila it's magically returned.

Also, as mentioned before, change it into a silk. Put a red silk in the box under the hole, then when you open the box a red silk flutters out. Murmur a bit about how this is all going wrong and vanish the red silk with a TT. Find the ball back in the tube.

Hope these spark a few ideas.
If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a sucess unexpected in common hours.
~Henry David Thoreau
Vegasvent
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix
288 Posts

Profile of Vegasvent
Hey, rxwookie. Where did you get that cool vest?
Magical Phil-Kidzshow, LLC

"My Wife says that either all of my Stuff goes, or she does......" "Boy, I'm sure gonna miss her cookin'."
alcorm1
View Profile
New user
Lancaster NH
64 Posts

Profile of alcorm1
For a neat holiday routine with the strat-o-sphere check out David Kayes column in the Nov 2007 issue of Magic Magazine.
Vegasvent
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix
288 Posts

Profile of Vegasvent
Which Holiday is the article referring to? Sorry, I don't have that edition.

"My Wife says that either all of my Stuff goes, or she does......" "Boy, I'm sure gonna miss her cookin'."
alcorm1
View Profile
New user
Lancaster NH
64 Posts

Profile of alcorm1
The Christmas Holiday. Sorry for not being clear on that.
Vegasvent
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix
288 Posts

Profile of Vegasvent
No need to apologize. Does anyone know if this would be available online?

rxwookie
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
59 Posts

Profile of rxwookie
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 01:32, ventriloguy wrote:
Hey, rxwookie. Where did you get that cool vest?

From a lady in Illinois. If you want her number, just PM me.

She has a catalog of some awesome vests. I have a blue one with stars also.

RxWookie (Kyle)
If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a sucess unexpected in common hours.
~Henry David Thoreau
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ending to Strat-O-Sphere (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL