We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The very best card to wallet (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1342 Posts

Profile of Piz
MagicChris: If I had read your post about 2 months ago I would have agreed with you. I thought the same way at first (it just did'nt make any sence to me) until I started performing with it (Pimpernel Notecase). Until you actually perform with it yourself, it is hard to comprehend how ingenious the wallet really is, and how much of an impact it really has on the specs. Yes, you do load a card in, but you also shuffle the heck out of the deck before you do so. It looks totally clean (even cleaner the way I do it; yes I'm full of myself). You bet some money on it that there card is in the wallet, they pull the card out and it is not there card. You then point to a closed zippered compartment, open up the zipper and there is there card (I have made so much money scamming drunk folks at the bar with this wallet, I think it already paid itself off, the drunker they are the more they bet, that is another plus about this wallet,you bet money,the drunks agree,and you win every time). I get huge gasps when I pull the specs signed card out. The routine is actually a lot longer then how it sounds, and this also adds to the anticipation. You just have to perform with it to understand the psychological aspect of exactly how the wallet works and how your performance and presentation goes along with the effect,and presentation is key. My older brother who is also a magician owns the hip pocket Mullica and Notecase also. When I showed him the workings of the Notecase he immediately bought a one and has not touched his Mullica since. It is just one of those effects that you need to own, not just read about, to understand how effective it really is. This is why the Pimpernel Notecase cost so much, and it is worth every penny......'PIZ'
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2851 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ok Piz let me tell you something I own the Pimpernal notecase and the new Bendex Bombshell by Anthony Miller. The Bombshell is a similiar principle but even better. The wallet looks far more regular and the load is even more devious but achieves the same thing check it out I am glad I did.
Glogal
View Profile
Regular user
Hollywood, California
155 Posts

Profile of Glogal
Hi nanaswan,
The wallet sounds awesome! I have it on my next buy list...just wondering, how doe's The Hip Pocket Bombshell by Anthony Miller, compare to The Phantom Of The Wallet by Peter Duffle & Martin Breese?
Gigi
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1342 Posts

Profile of Piz
Nanaswan- I know a couple of magicians already "swan" that personally told me that they prefer the Notecase over the Bombshell. I did my research on that wallet already. And what in the world are you talking about saying the Bombshell "looking far more regular"!!! What!!!! Are you serious? One of the only reasons I purchased the Notecase was because of how much more "regular" and "normal" it looked than most wallets, It looks as normal as a wallet gets. Also, In my post above I was comparing the "Hip Pocket Mullica" to the "Pimpernel Notecase", I was responding to another members post. I have actually received a PM from someone already who was not to pleased with the Bombshell, and wanted to hear what I had to say about the Notecase. If you prefer the Bombshell over the Notecase that is your personal opinion, but please don't say 'but it's even better', like it's a fact and everyone who owns both would agree with you, because I can come at you with testimonials from others who would disagree with your opinion....'PIZ'
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm not sure there is another effect in magic that gets such a serious debate as Card To Wallet. Folks are evry passionate about what they use.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1342 Posts

Profile of Piz
You are so right MagicChris. Every magician has there own style and preferences. This thread can go on forever. My opinion was given and I am spoken for. Last out of me...'PIZ'
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
PIZ, thanks for adding your thoughts!!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Adam Milestone
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Adam Milestone
For casual performances I carry a Hip Pocket Wallet from EZ Magic (I think!) and I like it because of the snap closure that holds the wallet together as it seems like one more barrier between you and the card. Granted, it does require palming, but that's why I learned palming, so I could do stuff like this. Some of these other wallets sound interesting and I think I'll look into them further. The other I own is a Mullica/Kapps for formal occasions.
mikethemagish
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of mikethemagish
I like the Yigal Mesika wallet. It looks like a regular wallet and does the job nicely.

magish for life
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1099 Posts

Profile of caigy
I'm with Chris on this one.
Having used a Mullica for some years now, I believe that my recently aquired Triple Threat Wallet is a natural progression to the next stage.
At first I was a little uneasy with the handling, but within a couple of hours I was a complete convert.
The quality and functionality are superb.
10/10.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com www.cards4magic.co.uk
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
I love my JOL Plus wallet,soo many features and works like a dream (palm or no-palm feature doesn't matter).
The signed card from the zipper compartment inside of a sealed envelope (or the id case unit) is such a killer!
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I have tried every CTW mentioned in this thread.

I always go back to my JOL wallet.

Enough said.
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
810 Posts

Profile of e-man
I am certain that my everyday wallet is getting thinner and thinner ALL due to wallets.
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
Quote:
On 2007-06-08 22:45, cosmicsecret wrote:
I love my JOL Plus wallet,soo many features and works like a dream (palm or no-palm feature doesn't matter).
The signed card from the zipper compartment inside of a sealed envelope (or the id case unit) is such a killer!

Where can I find JOL Plus wallet?

Thanks.
Glogal
View Profile
Regular user
Hollywood, California
155 Posts

Profile of Glogal
You can get it direct with extra free bonuses from:
wizardcraft.com
Gigi
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Seriously! Again. I am still searching ill let the Café know if I EVER Find it.
Glogal
View Profile
Regular user
Hollywood, California
155 Posts

Profile of Glogal
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
351 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
And now the JOL Plus Wallet is available in three colors. So are the No Palm Wallets and Packet Trick Wallets. But only from us. See ya all at Magic Live
GhostSurfer
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of GhostSurfer
Quote:
On 2007-08-17 14:56, Craig Dickson wrote:
And now the JOL Plus Wallet is avialable in three colors. So are the No Palm Wallets and Packet Trick Wallets. But only from us...

Other dealers are carrying the JOL coloured wallets too, you know...
And, obviously, there is no 'best' CtW out there, it's all down to personal taste - at the last count I had 16 CtW's, the best? Depends what mood I'm in. I'm currently playing around with an RAR 'Osmosis Outdone' (thanks, Mal!) which is pretty neat and far out-classes the Mason version...

GS
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
351 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
GS only one other dealer has the JOL Plus wallets in colors, and he is in the UK. Since I am the distributor, I would know. Hocus Pocus in the UK is it, and he is a good guy, quality dealer. He does not have No Palm and Packet trick ones though, not yet anyway. As far as CTWs, I own them all, and am obviously biased , but the bottom line is that it is the performer, not the prop that makes it entertainment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The very best card to wallet (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL