The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Trabucco Holdout (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

HDMAGIC
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of HDMAGIC
A short time ago I received my 3CM set from Jamie Schoolcraft. Shortly after that I bit the bullet and purchased a Trubucco Holdout as suggested. This holdout system set me back $125.00. For those of you who have also purchased this holdout system, what do you think of it? I have yet to install the holdout system as of yet. Would like to hear from anyone who uses this system on a regular basis.

Thanks
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
Hi, I think the holdout system works really well, I also bought it to use with a 3cm the only problem I had was the coin would only stick to every other m***** because of orientation, so you have to be more precise when ditching.

I hope you can make sense of what I just said, if not PM me and I will go into more detail.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1056 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I've never seen the actual Trabucco design but recently I've been using the same principal with hold outs I constructed my own. I fooled Dean Dill and the gang the other day, and Dean said my routine looked "very magical". That was a thrill.

The real secret is to incorporate natural movements that allow you to access the hold out. All your body and arm movements need to be carefully choreographed. You'll also need to give some thought to your wardrobe. I have found that the exact placement of the hold and the length of my shirt (or coat) is very critical. What’s cool is you can do some real amazing stuff in short sleeves! Living here in So. California I do a lot of magic in short sleeves.

I also have toyed with placing a hold out in other places such as under the back of my shirt collar. The fact that other objects such as keys or matchbooks can be used is very intriguing to me and I'm having lots of fun experimenting with this.

I have several s***l half dollars, an english penny that works with the hold out. You can buy them onliine or at most good magic shops I also have a hold out for Jamie's 3CM.

I understand the video that comes with the Trabucco holdout is excellent. Someday I would like to buy the official Trabucco holdout system but my current finances don't allow me that luxury. I’m very curious as to how he constructs the holdouts, but also very interested in the instructional DVD. I hear it is very good.

I would suggest you study the DVD and go to work! Have fun!
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
554 Posts

Profile of Motor City
I had the pleasure of seeing Vic Trubucco perform at Fechter's this past April. His routine, which utilized his holdout, was beautiful. If anyone who has purchased the holdout can do what Vic did, they will certainly have gotten their money's worth.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3607 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I have it and like it a lot. Almost no learning curve and there are no unatural movements of any kind. It does require very minor tailoring of your coat, but it's worth it. If you want to end super clean when doing coins across, this is the way to go.
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
I just read the reviews of the "52" convention in Buffalo last weekend. Vic was conned into doing some magic, and really flabbergasted everyone with his H/O work. It is, apparently, a wonderful thing to behold. Wish I'd been there. Go to Conjurenation for a review, or call Vic, I'd guess he's easy enough to find...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Believe it or not, Dave Neighbors has a ton of work that can be incorporated to fit the Trubucco Hold-Out that can be found throughout his extensive collection of material. I believe you can visit Coinjurer.net to check everything out.

Dave has some powerfully visual, well contructed magic that is extremely underutilized by the magic fraternity. I think you'll be suprised by how many of Dave's routines can be used with this particular hold out.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Trabucco Holdout (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL