The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Anywhere-Anytime Close-up Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Glogal
View Profile
Regular user
Hollywood, California
155 Posts

Profile of Glogal
This 2 dvd set is wonderful for anybody wanting to learn close-up magic. It deals with Card Magic, Sleight Of Hand With Cards, Cups & Balls, Sponge Ball Magic, Coins, etc. etc. It also contains 1 hour of Unrehearsed Restaurant Performances.
Dan Turcotte is a great teacher! It's really sad that he passed away. http://www.YouDoMagic.com
Gigi
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
I agree! I bought this set last year, before the sad demise of Dan Turcotte. I found it to be a 'project from the heart' and the routines are taught with care and passion. Its a shame he is no longer with us, but he left quite an impressive legacy through this set! It really is a worthwhile $75 - and the proceeds go partly to his widow and daughter!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Dan is missed. GOD rest ( and Bless ) his Soul!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1044 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I bought it from him last summer, and had a few email exchanges before he died.

Great dvd's....and he sure seemed to be a great guy who had fun spreading joy with magic.
Author of PERFORM...all the stuff to think about

Over 450 pages, hardcover, full color

"I loved this book!" - Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars - highly recommended" - Nick Lewin

"Chock full of ideas that will make me more $$ and my shows more professional!" - Leif David

Foreword written by Joshua Jay

Tim's book and other goodies to help performers here...

[email]tim@performbettershows.com[/email]
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
I also had a few email exchanges with him . The material and teaching on the DVD is gold but the editing and production of it is silver . I think if Dan was still with us the Project would have been better assembled and polished . BUT please do not let this relatively minor point dissuade you from purchasing this set . His performances alone are great learning tool for any restaurant magi
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
I just had to repost in here, I am watching the DVDs again and really see the absolute treasure the magic community had in Dan. If you don't have these DVDs you are missing out on some great views into a working pros world.
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Anywhere-Anytime Close-up Magic (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL