The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Satisfying ending for Pen through Dollar routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

suspectacts
View Profile
Elite user
Boston
493 Posts

Profile of suspectacts
Anyone doing Pen through dollar (or $20) as a stage piece?

I love it as a close up routine, but it's such a good visual I want to bring it to the stage. But as I play with it, I realize the restoration needs 'something'.

Anyone want to make any suggestions?

Thanks

peter
Bill Hoffman
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Bill Hoffman
I do it in my stage act, but I wrap the 10 dollar bill on an orange and then do the trick. Now I have pen thru dollar and fruit, more visual. I then remove dollar and fold it, set it down in sight while I open the orange and a bunch of dimes fall out. I then ask the spec if he would now like his 10 dollars back, he says "yes" I hand him a broom and say there it is, tada as I pick up his 10 dollar bill and pretend to keep it. The laughs end and I say you don't want this one anyway, it has a hole in it, open it up and the hole is gone.
MagicBH@Gmail.com
<BR>http://billhoffmanmagic.com
suspectacts
View Profile
Elite user
Boston
493 Posts

Profile of suspectacts
BH,
Sounds like a great routine, but it only left me with questions:

When money is wrapped around the bill and you 'stick' the pen into the bill/orange, does the audience see the tip of the pen sticking out? Or just the back end sticking in?

Wait, Are you using the m*****tic gimmic at all or just using a folding method?

Write back or PM.

thanks

peter
sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
You can always couple it with a watch steal
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
Bill Hoffman
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Bill Hoffman
I use a little bit of both, I use the M* gimmick but not as a M*, I just shove the back part in and the peel holds them in place.

I always turn it updise down to show the orange on top of the dollar and into the pen
MagicBH@Gmail.com
<BR>http://billhoffmanmagic.com
rpierce
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire - USA
1220 Posts

Profile of rpierce
Where can I find the pen thru a dollar?
Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
"your favourite magic dealer" Smile
rpierce
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire - USA
1220 Posts

Profile of rpierce
I have found that there are several pen thru dollar effects, the stealth seems to be able to be examined, I'm not sure about the B-2 Bomber. Does anyone have a favorite for close-up? Pros? Cons?
SteveTheMagician
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of SteveTheMagician
What if you hold it in such a way that ig looks like it goes through the bill but it also ends up stabbing your hand?

ha-ha?

-steve
DeaconBlu
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of DeaconBlu
I haven't run into anyone who's figured out my stealth pen. I let them examine it and more often than not they want to see if it writes. I just got my SR-71 and hacked the gimmick into a real Sharpie. I'll do a switch for inspections.
Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
You could finish the trick, then go into a bill switch...giving them $1 for their $20....only to find their $20 in a lemon....which is produced from your shoe...even though you are wearing sandals....and your levitating...am I going to far?

OK, forget the last parts, but you could go into a bill switch. In the UK our notes are different colours, but with the Dollar, I think you could maybe switch it before, and fold in such a way that they cant tell which denomination it is. Then at the end you tear the pen out, and unfold it...suprise!

And if my mad plan does somehow work, you could always "find" the $20 note in a lemon, in your shoe, next of boxes, your wallet....etc etc etc
Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Another thought....find their dollar folded up inside the pen cap....?
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
If you really want a satisfying ending...just hand 'em their money back.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Satisfying ending for Pen through Dollar routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL