The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cool Music for Bizarre Performances (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
The other side of the veil.
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
Jill Tracy,
I'm on the wrong side of the continent.
My mom says I'm reprehensible, I think I'm perfectly hensible.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Walt Anthony introduced me to her (Jill Tracy). I've been hooked since.
Her latest is different, she (and her band) orchestrated the music score for Nosferatu. Fantastic score!

Tony
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Nosferatu? As in the remake of the film? The eerie music at the beginning with all the dead mummified bodies was excellent???... or something else....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
I like Jill Tracy too. Found her on CDbaby.com (a wonderful site, by the way).

Best,
Neil

P.S. I use music of my own devising most of the time; when I don't, it's usually the Kronos Quartet.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Nosferatu, as in the original (albeit restored) film. She did this as part of the Nosferatu Project in San Francisco. The blurb for the CD is below.

Jill Tracy & The Malcontent Orchestra
Into the Land of Phantoms

The long-awaited instrumental CD featuring selections from Jill Tracy and The Malcontent Orchestra’s acclaimed score to F.W. Murnau’s 1922 vampire classic Nosferatu. Recorded live in San Francisco.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
...yum...a new soundtrack for me.. thanks Tony!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Oh yeah, Samhain, Glen Danzig's band after the Misfits has some pretty spooky stuff too. I think they have 5 albums. The November Coming Fire album has a great exciting and scary instrumental Diablos 66. Rock On!
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Phil Glass and the kronos quartet did a soundtrack for the original dracula movie (75 years after the fact or so...)

also, the "Music in the Key of X" from the X-files is a good one.

"The Shining" soundtrack...

I dunno
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Thamiel
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Thamiel
- "Floating Into the Night", an album by Julee Cruise. She was the lounge singer featured in Lynch's Twin Peaks. Very surreal disc.

- "Cold Comfort" and "Last Sigh of Nostalgia" songs by Carpathian Forest. Jazz pianos, ambient atmospheres and saxaphones meet black metal.

- "Where The Long Shadows Fall" and "The Starres are Marching Sadly Home" by Current 93.
Thamiel
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Thamiel
- "Floating Into the Night", an album by Julee Cruise. She was the lounge singer featured in Lynch's Twin Peaks. Very surreal disc.

- "Cold Comfort" and "Last Sigh of Nostalgia" songs by Carpathian Forest. Jazz pianos, ambient atmospheres and saxaphones meet black metal.

- "Where The Long Shadows Fall" and "The Starres are Marching Sadly Home" by Current 93.
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Isso would like to add sun ra doo wop anne briggs and idonesian monkey chant with perhaps a little patsy cline.

L.

H D X F Halloween!
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
And first, you might really pull them in with the cliche'd but effective Carmina Burana by Orff beginning. Overused in cinema...yes. Perfect for live beeczar, yes.

Corona
The Doktor
View Profile
New user
Spiderskull Island
98 Posts

Profile of The Doktor
Anthing and everything by Dr. Steel http://www.doctorsteel.com
“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”

“I'm not your eXecutioner. I'm not your devil and I'm not your God. I'm just The Doktor."

H D X!
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Quote:
On 2006-10-25 09:31, TAJ wrote:
You might want to investigate DEAD CAN DANCE especially their older stuff. One of my favorites.

AMEN! add Cocteaux Twins to that too, and SOME of lorena Mckennit's
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Buster Balloon
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Buster Balloon
Danny Elfman, especially "Music for a Darkened Theater" Vols. 1 & 2 and the score to "Red Dragon".

Tom Waits has a few songs that lean toward the eerie side like "What's He Building In There" and "Little Drop of Poison"

Rob Zombie has the odd instrumental on his Cd's. On "Hellbilly Deluxe" there is a spoken word piece that is just plain disturbing titled "Call of the Zombie" and a great instrumental "Perversion 99"

Not very creepy, but a piece that I have incorporated from time to time is "Poppy's Voodoo" by Soul Dogs.

Or if you want something really different do a Google or i-tunes search for psycho-billy, gothabilly, and horror surf. Very interesting sub-genres. The Ghastly Ones, The HorrorPops, and The Nekromantixs are among my favorites. My style is actually very tongue in cheek. My character is a nod to the old, bad 50's and 60's sci-fi movies and late night creature feature hosts. This music is perfect for him.
Buster Balloon
Creative Genius, Balloon Twisting Savant, & Pre-Sweetened Breakfast Cereal Connoisseur
http://BusterBalloon.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Not to put a damper on all of this, but once you get out into the real world with your performances, and you are put into a public place where admission is charged, remember, there must be royalties paid on any of this music. This is even true of classical music, because the recordings and arrangements are copyrighted.

This is why Jay Scott Berry composed his own music.

You might check with Arthur Stead to see what kind of spooky stuff he has. He sells royalty free music.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Good point Bill, but. . . many venues already pay ASCAP and BMI royalties, so in many places you may be covered already. It is still our responsibility, though, to find out and make sure this base is covered.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Infected Mushroom. brilliant istrumental Stuff. One of my Favourites by them is Apogriffa (sp)

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Notwithstanding Bill Palmer's excellent advice above, if you're non-profit or working for fun, I think the "soundtrack" to the videogame "Quake" (1996) is top-notch; it was all composed by Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails.
Here's a snippet (not an entire track of course) to whet the apetite:
http://www.phrets.com/quakesmpltrak.mp3
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
Try Portis Head "Dummy"

Freaky, quirky, Urban "Jazz-hop"...sometimes dark...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dummy-Portishead......-1449560

...and the Cocteau Twins "Treasure"
Etherial and dream-like...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Treasure-Cocteau......;s=music
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cool Music for Bizarre Performances (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL