The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Ditching and concealing a deck of cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ES Andrews
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of ES Andrews
I am looking for a method for ditching and concealing an uncased deck of palmed cards while seated at a table. I need to be able to do this without any lapping, and jacketless. Any suggestions?
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
You'll be years finding this answer out, I promise you. I just found out how about a year ago after years of trying to figure it out and I'm definitely not giving up my secret. There are only 2 suggestions I will give that does work. My teacher used to wear a large Army Jacket with big outer pockets and as he turned slightly after cold decking a sucker this deck unnoticeably fell in his pocket. The second is purchase Sal's DVD and check out what Charlie uses.

Readers....if he's really wants to know what it is, he'll spend some money finding it out.

Respectfully,

Doc
ES Andrews
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of ES Andrews
Thanks for the reply Doc. I noticed in one of your posts you said that you had found a technique to do this from a Ross Bertram book. I'm trying to find a way to do this and I will buying everything I can to learn.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
I made a mistake stating the Ross Bertram book because the ripped out pages of both books were together, the guy's name was Ron (something).

Doc
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15815 Posts

Profile of tommy
Wear slip on shoes, or boots, cross your legs..........and your fingers.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
When a confederates beer is foaming out of the bottle onto the green felt, you could pull the deck, throw a sheep up there and then replace it with a new deck and nobody will see a thing. However from that cleanup on, the hawk eyes will be burning every move. Don't steal is much easier, and leaves your concience clean.

What you are asking for is a belt switcher and the quality you are talking about is custom work with your own special 'Playing clothes' maybe 4-5 hundy for the custom fitted hardware and another 2-3 hundy for the custom tailor work. For a movie its possibly worth, it but most were never big box office sellers.

years ago they made a chest or shirt switcher. I don't think it was ever popular.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Hey KingStardog where on earth can you get one of these things that you're talking about from? I have a drawing of one, I believe but not sure. I await your response.

Doc

P.S. I know about the one card shirt/chest switcher if that's what you're talking about.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
No, not from me. I have only seen one setup like that about 18-20 years ago and that was the prices then. I may have a pic of I think a Martin belt model but the full tailoring job was completly different cables and flex frame. Why would anyone want a setup except to frame for display?
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
If you have a pic of it I would like to see it if possible. Why? Because of my cold decking ability I have found out why certain inventions were made...it was because of various cold decking techniques and abilities. Most people who cold deck drag the deck to be switched out into their lap, hence the obsolete cold decking devices that I've seen. Since I invent my own stuff I would like to see if I'm going in the right direction.

Respectfully,

Doc
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I have to say that I had the honor of seeing Doc's cold deck switches in person. They are the best I have seen and he has complete control (no risk of dropping cards) and the best clean up I have seen.

Keep up the good work Doc
Long Island,

New York
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15815 Posts

Profile of tommy
Has any one seen a TV show called "The Real Hustle" they put a cold deck in against some poker pros on one of the shows I am told. Paul Wilson does the move I think.

Use the waitress is my advice.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Quote:
On 2006-10-24 20:40, Unknown419 wrote:
If you have a pic of it I would like to see it if possible. Respectfully,
Doc

Doc, email me at the profile address. its on a crippled machine but I can dig it out and move it by thumbdrive, just not accross the network as the NIC is out on that one. I can also describe the custom job and maybe that will help too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Ditching and concealing a deck of cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL