We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Needle Through arm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
You get what you pay for. Ive seen needle through arm for 20 bucks and Ive seen it for 50. your best bet is to pay 50 bucks instead of 20 now and 50 later. Its a Worthwile investment because you will have confidence while bleeding. hehehe. Also no matter how well made you bulb is you need to take great care of it. if you know the method take a few seconds to think about what goes into makeing the bulb sturdy.

Jonathan
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
Tim Taylor
View Profile
Veteran user
1970 - 2012
375 Posts

Profile of Tim Taylor
Have any of you tried doing it with the skin in the bend of your arm yet? Smile
"Even a mosquito gets a slap on the back for a job well done" - Tim Taylor
sideshowman
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of sideshowman
I'll never forget doing "needle thru arm" at my Ring meeting one Oct. for "spooky magic" night. I told them that I'd be doing a trick that I saw Harry Anderson do on t.v. and then proceeded to do it for real. A lot of the members didn't know that I had been a sideshow performer!
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
Midnightmagic - don't try it with the skin on the inside of your elbow. Here's why:

1. It's one of the worst feelings you'll ever have because whenever your arm bends more then 20 degrees, (which is barely anything at all) you feel it get sticky. I don't know, it's difficult to explain but it's realy a terrible feeling.

2. It's not nearly as realistic as the fore arm.

3 It hurts like hell removing the cement.

Seriously I know you're going to try it to see for yourself and that's ok, I'm just telling you it's not going to be fun times.

Here's an even worse idea:

I tried it once on my bicep. Rubbing the cement off almost put me in tears.

Don't get me wrong, the inside of the elbow is a clever idea but unfortunately it won't work.

Jonathan
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
Hernan
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
126 Posts

Profile of Hernan
sideshowman,
What exactly do you mean, "then proceeded to do it for real"??
sideshowman
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of sideshowman
I actually did the human pincushion act in a carnival sideshow for a couple of seasons. It's not my favorite act, but, I got used to it! Tim Cridland (Torture King) is probably the best working today. Actually, sticking hatpins in myself for real is not as much trouble as doing it gaffed!
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
If we do it for real, they call it Geek! If it's faked, they call it magic. Go figure!
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Mineral spirits is the only way to remove the glue. Wipes right off. It's a great idea I read in Harry's book, "Wiseguy."

The only differance I have seen between needles is the fitting or flange that the bulb is sealed onto. We did buy one from magic auction that was supposed to be a Anderson model but was not, or at least if it was it had been messed up. The bulb was just glued onto a needle with out any flange whatsoever. It leaked like a sieve.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Tim Taylor
View Profile
Veteran user
1970 - 2012
375 Posts

Profile of Tim Taylor
I guess it was a knock off also. That is the way mine was too. I guess we'll have to start looking inside the package from now on. Smile
"Even a mosquito gets a slap on the back for a job well done" - Tim Taylor
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
try to find the original
youdoo vodoo, awesome.
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
stine
View Profile
Regular user
TN
152 Posts

Profile of stine
I used to do wire coat hanger through neck. I just never liked doing other guys stuff when I could create my own, but was INSPIRED by the Harry Anderson method. maybe get some methods and experiment with your own take? You'll have alot more fun creating and you'll find guys wanting to do YOUR bit!
chappy
View Profile
Special user
709 Posts

Profile of chappy
I also use the Anderson version, the quality of the bulb and the seal is the most important factor to the needles longevity. This effect can be done close up and is great for audience reaction and participation, its good to let a couple of people slide the needle up and down through your arm(or other appendage). I have seen it done through the bicep which also looks good, I guess it'll work anywhere but is most practical in those places with the most excess skin and the least hair.
DETAILS OF DECEPTION at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Just tried out the new Screwdriver Through Arm...requires a bit more solution and tends to separate more quickly, but good for a change at repeat bookings. Also the blood load could have been larger.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Man... there's just never enough blood for some people!
Smile
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
netartifacts
View Profile
New user
Delaware, USA
21 Posts

Profile of netartifacts
I think Harry Anderson's method is one of the best one's out their! Try it! You won't be sorry...
"Three may keep a secret if two are dead" Ben Franklin
Magicol-1
View Profile
New user
Orlando
85 Posts

Profile of Magicol-1
I was lucky enough to obtain one of the "Gem" models quite a few years back and have never had any problems with it. George at Collectos Workshop now owns the Gem line and he may be producing them but I'm not sure, Just give him a call.

M1
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Needle Through arm (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL