The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Gun revelation (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Hi
do you know where I can find the card revelation, where you put the halves together to get a pistol, gun shape, the chosen card is then shot, flicked, spun out?
cheers
matt
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
It is in one of the ETMCM tapes of Michael Ammar. Sorry, I'm not sure which one.

Cody
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
187 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Matt,

It's Ken Krenzel's 'The Gun Trick' on volume 5 of Ammar's ETMCM.

Also, Daryl covers this on volume 2 of his 'Card Revelations' series.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Magiman
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Magiman
It is Ken Krenzel's from the book: The Card Classics of Ken Krenzel written by Harry Lorayne (1978?)
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Peter Kane created it years before Ken Krenzel. I forgot when, but it is in his book "Kane" or one of "Session Series".

Hideo Kato
markhsmith
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of markhsmith
Quote:
On 2006-10-22 11:34, Hideo Kato wrote:
Peter Kane created it years before Ken Krenzel. I forgot when, but it is in his book "Kane" or one of "Session Series".

Hideo Kato

It's described in "A CARD SESSION" and it's named SINGLE SHOT.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Krenzel's version is called The Magic Bullet and he does, indeed, credit Peter Kane as the creator of the original principle. You can see Krenzel perform the trick for Gary Ouellet on his Card Classics video.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
While you are turning your deck into a gun you might want to perform Harry Eng's Maching Gun Aces from Super Magic by Paul Harris.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Oooooooh YESSSS!! Nate, I'd forgotten all about that one. Sorry, AOA folks, you'll need the original text for this one. Thanks for the reminder!
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Just a question, but do people prefer the version where a card is "loaded" and then pushed up to make the chosen card shoot out, or the pinky-flick version where the card actually shoot from the lower half but is done one-handed and with no extra cards being loaded or whatnot?
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
They are two different effects and presentations really.

I don't think people prefer one over the other too much. If you present either of them well they are both great effects.

The original Machine Gun Aces is a 4 Ace production but can be used as a single card revelation obviously.

Would also be good to kill 3 or 4 selections in a multiple selection routine.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Thanks guys,
which version is taught on the Ammar tape?
is it average skill??
Justin R
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of Justin R
Quote:
On 2006-10-23 02:25, matt.magicman wrote:
Thanks guys,
which version is taught on the Ammar tape?
is it average skill??

Hi,
The gun trick Ammar teaches is a sleight modification on Ken Krenzel's version for easier handling (although he briefly explains how Ken Krenzel's is performed). The skill level would be ranked as "easy", If you can control a card you can peform this effect.

I forgot to add that the version Ammar teaches is the one where a card is "loaded" and not the pinky flick version.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Just to update my ealier post... there is, in fact, a version of Eng's Machine Gun Aces in volume 1 of AOA.
karbonkid
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of karbonkid
Rachenbaumer has a version in the book 'Card Fixes' called Zen 2-shooter, which shoots out two cards.
Atom3581
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Atom3581
Do the machine gun Ace's to make sure the gun is shooting straight, then reveal the selection through the bullet trick. I learned the bullet trick from Frank Garcia on Stars of Magic..
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
You guys might be interested in my effect called the "Cannon "
based on the gun trick..
pm me and ill send a demo
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
My problem with the Gun Trick is duds. I’m all set and ready but when I snap the bullet either nothing happens or the selection drips out a little at the top. It’s a reall did. Happens more than half the time. Not sure what I’m doing wrong, my faro weave and breaks are all perfect.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2019, VernonOnCoins wrote:
My problem with the Gun Trick is duds. I’m all set and ready but when I snap the bullet either nothing happens or the selection drips out a little at the top. It’s a reall did. Happens more than half the time. Not sure what I’m doing wrong, my faro weave and breaks are all perfect.

Which version are you performing and are you actually flicking the card ?
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Yes I’m flicking it. Sometimes it shoots out great. Most though not. Not sure what version I’m using. I learned it many years ago
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Gun revelation (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL