The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Forcing the "Y" Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Folks,
For those of you who do any kids entertaining, you probably already know the humour of doing a card trick with alphabet cards and forcing the Card "Y". the you guess the wrong card and ask them thiers when they say you are wrong you adk them there card....

They say "Y" and you then start into an almost Abbot and Costello routine.

Yesterday at a kids show, I brought the house down with the right choice of volunteer and this routine. In fact it played so well and so long I had to cut a later piece of my routine out. The child I picked was just magical and here response, faces and exasparation at my antics just fuelled the funny fire. I then forced the letter "R" on another volunteer and since I work as a pirate, I had the "R" thing and the "Y" going ... the place was going nuts....

For those of you looking for kids humour this things rocks ....
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I've used this, not with cards, but with kids whose name ends in "Y" - Billy, Johnny, Joey, etc. Just ask them what the last letter in their name is, and take it from there. It can make for a nice impromptu bit if you don't use the alphabet cards, and you get a kid with the right name.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Great idea!

I do a bit where I tell the children we need nine magic wands (and hold up nine fingers).

How many?

Nine!

Not eight?

Nine!

Not ten?

Nine!

How many wands are in this box?

None!

That is right NINE!

None!

I heard you...NINE!

Zero?

What does zero mean?

None!

Great NINE!

It usually ends with the kids either a) holding up a fist with no fingers or b) kid's making the OK sign with their hand. I take this to mean either "YAY! NONE" or "Ok! None!".

Big laughs!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Letters as words are great fun..

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

and one of my favorites after eating...............

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Enjoy the play...

Your audiences will...

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Forcing the "Y" Card (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL