The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Stone Purse (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Hey everyone,

I just picked this up again and I have been messing around with it. I have a few different ideas running through my head. This is a perfect piece to throw into any coin routine. I even have some ideas of using it with a matrix routine where the coins trvel to the corner and then end you back in the purse. If you have the effect you know the kicker ending already!

Kranzo's work with this (that I have seen) is amazing!

Any of you out there in WWW world played with this? Any new ideas? Any special handlings that you are willing to talk about?

Thanks,

C
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I used this at several tables until I dropped it and it cracked one night. I had a switch were it after putting coins into the purse, I switched it for the stone purse at the fingertips chest level and it appeared as if the purse never left the sight of the spectators.

I also had a cool tabled switch......
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have the stone but have never put it to use. I think it's a great idea that needs my attention.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Yeah I'm still looking to see some one come up with a Nice vid about this, I have not used my kicker. Godhandz Glad to see you back.
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
I have played around with James Lewis's switch, which sounds like the one that you might be doing Eric. Not the same one, but similar.

Would love to talk to you about your tabled switch.

As I said...I love this thing! The possibilities are endless. and you do not have to end with a freakin jumbo coin.

C
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I bought this a while back from Nathan and have never played with it. This thread reminded me that I should go back and take a look at this gem!
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
martysh
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville,SC
468 Posts

Profile of martysh
I end clean by loading my new wedding ring instead of the coin at the end.. it allows me to cleanly vanish the coin and leave them to pick up finding the ring..
I put it back on my left finger.. loading palmed coin to that hand and disposing of it as they find ...upon my mention .. the purse has no opening..

plays well here in South Carolina

Marty
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Another method would be to not even use a real purse, just the stone purse. There are plenty of moves in the literature where you pretend to put items in the purse, even provide conviction that the items are in said purse by tossing the purse and items from hand to hand. No switch would be needed in these kinds of handlings. My favorite would be the false placement in Roths Coins and Glass routine.
<BR>
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2006-10-23 22:49, paisa23 wrote:
Yeah I'm still looking to see some one come up with a Nice vid about this, I have not used my kicker. Godhandz Glad to see you back.

Glad to be back.....lol
<BR>
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
A cool switch that would really work well with this item is a simple shuttle pass. Gary Kurtz did a really cool switch of folded paper at the end of one of his coin routines, and I didn't really know it was a switch for confetti. Smile Could work with this item!
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Whatever you do, DON'T get James Lewis's "Million Dollar Mysteries" and learn the switch out of there! It is just too good.

And in reality, the way Kranzo handles this thing, you really don't need anything too fancy. The Stone Purse is awesome!

Anyone tried using this IN the hands of the spectators before they realize it is not a purse? That might be interesting....provided you can get away with it.

Corey
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2880 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
I'm so happy you guys are dusting off you old stones and playing with them again. Smile

Joel Givens has some great ideas with the Stoned Purse. If you hit him up, he might share.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Here's my idea for the stone purse:

I remove a real stone from a real purse. I talk about how I found this stone on the beach and discovered it has some very magical properties... That's why I keep it in this purse.

I then go into a Spellbound routine with a silver dollar. Eventually I end up with the stone again and ask the spectator if they would be so kind as to put the stone back into the purse. Of course, the purse has turned into a solid stone. This is a wonderful moment when the spectator realizes the purse is solid and the stone could not possibly go inside.

The stone I use was actually found on the beach...it's round, flat and black speckled, looking very close to the coloration of a well worn Morgan silver dollar.

I'm able to ring in and ditch the coin with a special hold out I've developed, making the Spellbound part of the routine very clean. Otherwise, I use the stoned purse as taught in Nathan's instructions. It's a great prop. Not only does it play well with lay people, I've killed magicians with it as well.

I highly recommend getting stoned.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Very nice application, Mediocre!
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Cool. Someone else has probably suggested this, but it would also tie-in nicely with a solid box ending for an Okito routine.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Someone on the Café suggested it to me, and I use it for Joel Givens' Ninja Coin routine. It's a very nice kicker to end clean with it, misdirecting from the just vanished coin.
dannywhit
View Profile
Regular user
Oak Ridge,TN
121 Posts

Profile of dannywhit
I really enjoyed this idea also, and I have played with this some. I have not found how I want to use it just yet. I am leaning toward one of Joe Rindfleisch's coins to purse routines using this gimmick. The look on their faces when they try to open the purse is priceless.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
In the photos, the stone looks quite a different shade than the purse. In reality, are they much closer.

Thanks,

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Hi Harris,
Mine are virtually identical in color, and the switch is undetectable.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
James Stob
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of James Stob
I've always found this to be a tough sell.

If you gotta explain it, it's no good......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Stone Purse (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL