The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Pamphlets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Ok I know this probally a stupid question. What kind of thing to do put into a pamplet that would would send to a future customer? I have that is make me them up but he told me to just come up with stuff to put into. he owns his own web designing bussiness but he does thing for me on the side. so I need to find what kind of stuff to put into it. I know to write about the different shows. do you put your exprience in it? if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
mike
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Tough question as it can only be truly answered by your needs and customer needs.

The simple answer is to put just enough. You don't want to put to much information and have it discarded because it becomes too bothersome to go through all the info. Put enough info in there to get them interested in you and want to book you or know more about you. Lead them to your website.

Only put a few (three) high profile past clients with quotes.

You don't need to put every option in the flyer. Sometimes it is better just to have one. Let's say you have a stage show and also a close-up show. It is better marketing to promote one area in the pamphlet. This allows for you to focus who you send the flyers to. And it also allows for more room to promote and sing praises about that particular feature.

In terms of writing and attracting attention with the flyer...think about movie trailers. How do they get your attention. You don't have to be that cheesy, but it is a good study in how much info to give and how much to hold back.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Bill is right on target...as usual. Mike, think about what YOU look for in a flyer. Between the house and office I receive tons of junk mail. Over 99% winds up in my trash can with little more than a cursory glance. The survivors usually wind up in a general resource file on my desk...because there was something about that single piece of mail that caught my attention and fueled my interest. I use these pieces to inspire me when I'm designing a new marketing piece of my own.

As Bill indicated, first identify your target market. If you're a kidshow performer, your target market may be parents with children within a specific age group. Seek out friends and family members in this target market and ask them what they look for in a marketing flyer. Push them to be SPECIFIC and DETAILED. Use this information to design your flyer.

Finally, BEFORE you commit your flyer to the expense of a printer take finished drafts around to your target market friends. Ask for their input and suggestions. Push them to be honest, open and brutal. If necessary, ask for anonymous feedback to promote honest reviews. Better to find out BEFORE you spend hundreds of dollars that your design just doesn't work.

I once spent weeks working on a full color mailout that I thought was just the wittiest and most eye-catching brochure ever created by mortal man. Spent a bundle to have them printed. My brutally honest, target-market sister caught sight of one while visiting and immediately announced them trite and corny. My wife and in-laws agreed. I sent them out anyway and probably made the 100% trash can rate...2000 mailers...not one call.

Research...Plan...Review...Test...Revise...Repeat as necessary.

Skip Smile
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
I was talking to my friend last night and he came up with interesting idea. I have my name my picture and on the front it say something like Beware of whats inside you might like it to much or something to that. what are you guy thoughts about that?
thanks
mike
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
It is an interesting proposal you have there. It will play with the human psyche.

But, you have to ask yourself what is your intended market. This type of ploy might work with a comedy, high energy and bizarre show like Amazing Jonathan's (although not at that level of success).

And then on the other hand, it can come off as cheesy and unprofessional.

I tell you what, print one copy and take it to the streets to get real people's honest reactions to it. Have something like a taste test set-up and ask people to compare this one (yours...don't you actually be there. Have someone else do this. You'll get more honest reactions) with another magicians pamphlet. You'll get a good idea on its effectiveness.
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Thank you for that I aprreciate that. so maybe that what we should try then. if doesn;t we can try something else hey it doesn;t try try again till you get something that does.
mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Pamphlets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL