The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Check out this new video by JessesMagic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
The past demos were misleading. That is a well known fact.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5811 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2006-10-25 00:41, CoinMan21 wrote:

Wouldn't it be more impossible to bend metal then plastic?

Why? Have you ever tried to bend a pen? Have you ever tried to bend a spoon? A spoon is a lot easier.
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
The pen is mightier than the spoon. haha
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Jesse this new trick 'Write Angle'looks great, kan't wait to get it!

I was at a Halloweeny party tonight w/my kids and thanks to this thread I remembered to bring my Cigapen & PTA w/me...

oh man, I had so much fun freakin' out the kids, but mainly adults seemed to be truly disturbed by the PTA effect. Smile

Johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Hey Johnny, did you include the bloody gizzard in tonights performance? haha Your my favorite beta tester! Let me know if you'll be around and I'll hook you up with one of these silly things, or I can mail one over... Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5525 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2006-10-25 17:05, Skitch wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-10-25 15:11, thehawk wrote:
His track record is not that good. There are many that will not buy from him again and some will but most will choose not to that have bought past products of his.

* . . . But don't tell me what I know and don't know when I've been here much longer then you have. . .

* . . . Please, you are completely wrong.

Humm! Surprising!!

'Thehawk' is a true gentleman who has refrained from making any comment on the above statement.

Quote:
On 2006-10-25 17:50, Michele wrote:
Jesse,

* . . . Honestly I really don't like your previous effects.

* Hope this one don't disappoint us.

Quote:
On 2006-10-25 19:26, emyers99 wrote:
Two pages of posts and not a single review (except for Skitch who seems to attack anyone who doesn't worship Jesse). How soon till this thread gets moved to the "latest and greatest" section? tick tock.

You be the judge!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Quote:

Gilgamesh: Great question! I have a funny story for that one. A women once cracked the pen in half trying to bend it back. Its not fragile, but it is not made out of steel either... Ive been using the first one I ever made for months now... If that does happen, the instructions will explain how to replace that... She felt so bad for breaking the pen back, but at the same time, it TOTALLY drove home the effect!!!

Sounds great, to my mind the bending of a brittle plastic pen , that shouldn't bend !, is going to seem more impossible to a spectator than metal bending.

Good job Jesse .
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Yeah, the plastic makes more sense to melt... and you do it at you fingertips and then hand it out. It looks like real magic, and of course this trick is a hundred times better in person. You can customize to make this work with most any pen... even a sharpie could work. The demo video shows only the full original handling... Write Angle will include the bic pen gaff that matches all my other bic pen tricks (check em out!)
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1233 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
With so much great magic out there, I don't understand why anyone would waste their time with something so completely average.

This looks like it works on the same principle as the bending nail, and both effects suffer from the same problem: you are covering the only area of the object that is supposedly bending. If you could really bend an object with your mind, why would you hold the object so that the only point of interest is hidden? You wouldn't.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
I agree with you on that Magicsquared.
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
@Magicsquared
100 % agree! Smile

Greetings
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
Quote:
On 2006-10-27 01:03, Magicsquared wrote:
If you could really bend an object with your mind, why would you hold the object so that the only point of interest is hidden? You wouldn't.

I think that depends on your pseudo-explanation ( assuming a person has taken the time to flesh out their character and determine how they accomplish their feats). If your pseudo-explanation is that you are transferring "psychic energy" to the pen and actually heating it up to cause the bend, then you can ONLY bend the pen where you are touching. I use a similiar explanation during metal bends and combine ET with it as a convincer. A bend is a bend is a band is a bend to a spectator. Only other magicians worry about where your fingers are during the bend.

And before anyone puts me in the Jessiah fan club, I've never purchased any of his effects before. I just get tired of the incessant piling on that takes place here by armchair magicians. I'm not insulting anyone who doesn't create their own effects, as I'm a member of that club myself. I just don't have a knack for creating new mechanics for effects. But knowing that about myself, I don't criticize those that not only have that talent, but choose to share it with others.

I often wonder how many "magicians" who come to the Café truly view their peers as a brotherhood or community? I learned a really neat thing in kindergarten that I've lived by to this day: If you don't have something nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all. There are plenty of effects that I've purchased in my lifetime that I ended up not liking, but I never thought to crucify the creator about it. I just don't use those effects and I move on with my life. Sometimes you just won't know if an effect suits your performance style and character until you actually purchase it, practice it and work it into your repetoire. It's the risk of this artform as anyone who's been in it for 6 months or more learns quickly.

OK, my rant is over. Let the bashing continue..............
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.spelz.net
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1233 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2006-10-27 10:42, the levitator wrote:

Only other magicians worry about where your fingers are during the bend.

Actually, only magician's DON'T worry about where your fingers are during the bend. It was a non-magician who first point out to me that in the bending nail you're covering up what is supposedly the most interesting part.

I agree with you that you can use logic to get away with it ("my psychic powers are heating up my fingers to bend the pen"). But if your logic is "heated up fingers" then wouldn't this version actually be a step backwards? It's much easier to heat up and bend a pen then it is a nail.

I didn't think I was "bashing" this effect, or "crucifying" its creator. I was just stating a legitimate issue I had with this effect, so you might want to save those words for when they're deserverd or else they'll lose any meaning they have around here (if they haven't already).
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Levitator, thanks for your insight! Brotherhood in magic forums is a tricky thing! Good or bad, all comments are cool with me, this is a place to better myself as a magician (and sharpen my people skills:)

Magicsquared: Its an interesting point you bring up... not one to worry about though. The pen is brought out... Where you are holding it, and where you are focusing on it, it starts to melt. The pen bends and moves without ANY movement from you... Its looks exactly like heat or energy is causing this melt! This is the part that really messes with people. I usually let them get at least a glimps of the actual melting area. Its not as sensitive a thing as, say, the perfect bend... Theres nothing to see but the white plastic barrel of the pen. THEN, when you immediately hand out this bent pen, they can physically feel it is still warm, and that the plastic is really melted. Theres nothing like it. Trust me that the bic pen is one of the best things to be bending! It makes sense, and with all the unique properties of Write Angle, it makes it very unique. Wait till you get it Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-10-27 10:42, the levitator wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-10-27 01:03, Magicsquared wrote:
If you could really bend an object with your mind, why would you hold the object so that the only point of interest is hidden? You wouldn't.

I think that depends on your pseudo-explanation ( assuming a person has taken the time to flesh out their character and determine how they accomplish their feats). If your pseudo-explanation is that you are transferring "psychic energy" to the pen and actually heating it up to cause the bend, then you can ONLY bend the pen where you are touching. I use a similiar explanation during metal bends and combine ET with it as a convincer. A bend is a bend is a band is a bend to a spectator. Only other magicians worry about where your fingers are during the bend.

And before anyone puts me in the Jessiah fan club, I've never purchased any of his effects before. I just get tired of the incessant piling on that takes place here by armchair magicians. I'm not insulting anyone who doesn't create their own effects, as I'm a member of that club myself. I just don't have a knack for creating new mechanics for effects. But knowing that about myself, I don't criticize those that not only have that talent, but choose to share it with others.

I often wonder how many "magicians" who come to the Café truly view their peers as a brotherhood or community? I learned a really neat thing in kindergarten that I've lived by to this day: If you don't have something nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all. There are plenty of effects that I've purchased in my lifetime that I ended up not liking, but I never thought to crucify the creator about it. I just don't use those effects and I move on with my life. Sometimes you just won't know if an effect suits your performance style and character until you actually purchase it, practice it and work it into your repetoire. It's the risk of this artform as anyone who's been in it for 6 months or more learns quickly.

OK, my rant is over. Let the bashing continue..............

The rants were not about his products, it was about demo videos he put out to sell them and the demos were misleading. Pages and pages of requests went on to get him to change the demos. He caused all the bad press himself.

Here's just one of the many threads:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

and here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
I love the term Bad Press! haha

Honestly, all of my demo videos are awesome! And they get better and better... You will NEVER see me doing chopped up Trailers, or TEASERS!? I try show the same thing you see live... because all magic is better in person. And there are no codes to making a demo. As long as no one is cheated out of money in some sneaky way. Also, refunds and exchanges have always been available for unhappy customers. And in all my sales, ive probably refunded like 3 or 4 people total. Its a matter of fact. And if you check out all of my demo videos, there's NOTHING there that isn't possible.

Plus, you don't even mention my GOOD videos. Magicap, Write Angle, The Sharpie Manual, Cigapen... I like them all, but these are the highest rated. But speak your mind, its an open forum Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16929 Posts

Profile of joseph
Still no reviews..... Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Its not out yet Joseph! But it will be soon... Definitely before Thanksgiving.

You guys should tell Baskitboy5 to go to Hanks sometime this week (maybe monday?). He was going to come up on Saturday, but the storm complicated things. I can show him the effect, and if he's cool, even let him play with the gaff. Then you'll have a review! Holla at your boy...
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Hey Jesse, I can't get the video to work ... it says its no longer available?
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Check out this new video by JessesMagic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL