We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Tangled Web - Eric Mead (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
326 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Just read the info from Hermetic Press about this...and instantly ordered it. I predict this will be one of the, if not THE, best books to come out for ages. Can't wait to receive it.

Dave Hawkins
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
TANGLED WEB

Eric Mead

Available Novembrer, 22

In this first major book by one of the United States' most respected professionals, Eric Mead covers a wide range of magic and mentalism, drawn completely from his professional repertoire and fine-tuned by performance after performance to its present form.

Bar Magic, Close-up Magic, Strolling Magic, Mentalism, Stage—even two pieces for kids (we're serious).

In addition, there are seven instructive and challenging essays, and two chapters devoted to work with a memorized deck and a systematic approach to Vernon's "Trick That Cannot Be Explained"—a professional approach to these topics that is stunning in its depth, intelligence and originality.This collection of magic is the real deal—or, as Teller describes it in his introduction to TANGLED WEB:

"There is no bull***t, not a nugget, between these covers. If you're like me, you'll emerge changed, inspired, tingling."

In the belief that exquisite magic deserves an exquisite form, TANGLED WEB has been produced with bibliophilic sensibilities inside and out. A book that is pleasing to hold and to read. Magic and mentalism that stands with the finest. Yet, at an affordable price.

260 pages in elegant hardcovers.

$40.00

I order almost every book that is comming out from Hermetic Press, including this one.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Kimura
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Kimura
I will definately grab this, and echo the sentiments of the OP, I predict this will be a must-read.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5020 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Available November, 22:
http://www.hermeticpress.com/
Jesse Gernigin
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
18 Posts

Profile of Jesse Gernigin
If any of the magic is at the same par as his 11-card trick in AOA, count me amongst the converted.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
I already ordered it too! I have been eagerly awaiting this (since I heard whispers and rumours). Thanks Eric.
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
326 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
I read somewhere else that this is a reprint of Eric's lecture notes. However they were only thin booklets so I assume this book will contain far more effects and info.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1704 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
DJ,

The book contains essentially the exact same contents as his set of (3) notes. There are a few other surprises to include (but not limited to)a discussion of the memorized deck and a discussion of Vernon's The Trick that Cannot Be Explained.

Eric's "Say Anything" piece is worth the price of admission in my opinion. Get this or you'll be sorry.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
Does anyone know if the bulk of the material covers mostly cards??
Mike M
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Mike M
I think the bulk of every magic book cover mostly cards...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Eric Mead is one of the great sleight of hand performers. From juggling, to cards and everything in between, Eric is a Master Magician!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jesse Gernigin
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
18 Posts

Profile of Jesse Gernigin
Can anyone supply us with an idea in regards to the material within?
myoungbauer
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, Minnesota
92 Posts

Profile of myoungbauer
Since several people have asked, and I have the notes, here's a quick overview of the books contents. As the ad says:

"Bar Magic, Close-up Magic, Strolling Magic, Mentalism, Stage—even two pieces for kids (we're serious)"

Which pretty much describes the notes. If you want specifics(off the top of my head, as my copy is buried away right now):

I remember a solid c/s routine which was used to illustrae Eric's approach to strolling work. There was a very good ace cutting routine, as well as a comedy/mentalism card revelation. Let's see, for the mentalists there was a comedy tie prediction and a routine with business cards(based on Goldstein's Desire) that could be used to convince the most hardened sceptics that you really could read minds. There was a hilarious routine utilizing Bob Neale's Bunny Bill, and a clever kids show routine with one of those appearing canes you have tucked away in your drawer.
The routines were great, the essays were great, the only thing that wasn't great was the notes design(which I found confusing) but now that's being taken care of. Something for the coin man, something for the card guy, something for the mentalist, the memorized deck guy, even the kid show woker!

Something for everyone. I agree with Jason, get this or you'll be sorry.

Matt
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5020 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6508 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Just saw Eric perform at the Castle bar... Wow!!! He killed! The guy is one entertaining Mo-fo.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
My family and I would always go to see Eric and Doc Eason whenever we went on a ski vacation in Aspen. Those guys know how to entertain! I guess after performing night after night at a bar you eventually figure out what works and what doesn't.

I'm sure Eric's new book will be first rate as his performances are.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5020 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Kimura
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Wasn't it also Eric Mead who appeared in The Aristocrats with an x-rated card routine?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6508 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Yes, it was Eric that did the card routine on The Aristocrats... and he has an interesting story on how that came to be.

Okay, Eric finished his bar week at the Castle. Amazing! I became a stalker. I went there three times out of his five day stay and ended up staying the entire night each time at the bar. He is fantastic to watch. He is one of very few magicians that makes me want to give up mentalism and go back to regular magic. I loved it!

The guy is funny, charming and every move is choreographed to completely deceive. His timing is a thing of beauty. He can get away with every move he wants simply by saying a funny line or statement. I love the way all of his routines have been structured to show the audience how cleanly he is doing everything. Many times he steps back to show how far he is from the action and how it isn't possible for him to do anything tricky from that distant. Beautiful!

This is one of the few magic books that I am dying to get ahold of. It must be filled with gems.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Greg:

A couple years ago Eric came down to one of our SAM meetings as he was in the local area. He did some of the coolest spoon bending I've ever seen. And what a nice guy he is!

Tony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Tangled Web - Eric Mead (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL