The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Old Radio Shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Southwest Sam
View Profile
New user
Indiana
59 Posts

Profile of Southwest Sam
While attending a Clown conference last year, I went to a Ventriloquist lecture. Not being a Ventriloquist, I was introduced to a whole new World of ideas for my performance as a Kidshow Magician.

The instructor was talking about the Old Time Radio Broadcasts were a Great tool in building an act and suggested going online to a particular website, listening to the programs and adapting them to your act. Todays audiences are unaware of those Comedies from back in the day and there were some great writers of comic script back then.

The problem is, I've now lost my notes from that lecture and was wondering if anyone here at the Café might know of or heard of such a website that features clips of those Old Time Radio broadcasts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
~SAM Smile
Now performing as...
-Suitcase Sam
& his Ukulele
Music ~ Comedy ~ Magic
www.facebook.com/SuitcaseSam
Flying Magus
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Flying Magus
I prefer scripts they're much more fun. You can find a good collection here:

http://www.genericradio.com/library.php

If you're after audio specifically just spend 20mins or so surfing with Google and you'll find some.
Magically yours,

Michel Fouché
Believe in the Impossible
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
343 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
But remember when trying to adapt them to your act to bring them up to date... old style comedy was much slower paced than modern comedy. Shorten the setups and keep the comedy coming.

Gary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Old Radio Shows (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL