The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » prizes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
During my 2 hour package, I play games as well as the magic show. I also give away about 30 prizes per party. I'm just curious as to what type of prizes you give away. And at what cost?
All the best, Billy
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
I give away pencils (holagram foil covered various colours) 4p each, Erasers Dino, Bug ext 12p each, stickers Frogs, bees , butterflies ex 1p ea and rulers Flicker type dino/ safari 15p ea

Phillip
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
In doing kids' shows, each volunteer gets a certificate (magician's assistant diploma).
In birthday parties, the birthday child is the last volunteer and he or she gets a magic birthday card, a special huge balloon animal, and a small magic trick as a present.
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
I too give the Birthday Child a Birthday card
A large balloon usually pink panther on a motor bikeplus several other balloon sculptures a Phillip jones badge and a sheet of Jokes/optical illusions.
I did not say this earlier because I thought Billy meant prizes that you give out during games ext
Phillip
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
I did mean during the games although it would be interesting to see what is given away during the magic show as well. I give out a certificate and Billy Whizz badge to the helpers, and a special modeling ballon.

The prizes I give out during games are necklaces 5p, rings 5p, cars 6p, bouncy balls 10p, rocket balloons 5p, soldiers 6p, all these are put into small clear bags with my details printed inside. I also give away the occasional inflatable 35p.

All the best, Billy
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
I give away the same stuff as Billy, in fact we each give out our badges and tell the kids that if they go to another party they have to wear their badges, then if I see someone in the audience with a Billy Whizz badge on I gave them one of mine, our mate Chris does the same and when a child has collested all three badges they get a special certificate.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Sorry, I misunderstood.
I don't go the "games" route, so -- obviously -- no prizes are given out!
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
744 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
I give out balloon animals as prizes. It helps eliminate the dead time of children waiting for a balloon. If they are all dancing when I am twisting there are no idle hands.

Also I try not to bribe the children too much with these things as I don't like my games to be greed focused. From my experience the more give-aways you have the greedier the children become. Also I want the children to continue playing/dancing once they have won their prize.

I also give out my business cards as prizes. A bit cheeky I know, but kids love to collect them. View my ‘collectors cards’ here: http://www.walkermagic.com/trading.htm

Smile
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
Billiant idea Andrew, your cards are great.
Billy Smile
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Occasionally, I do balloons which all the kids get.
I recently added the Kid's Magic Booklet (CJ Johnson product) to the Birthday Child.

To the assistants, I give them a wand certificate/diploma, and a "real looking" million bucks, which makes them a millionaire.

After the show I give them all a million bucks.

I give a pile to a parent who gives them out to the other kids and to parents who want them. She keeps a few to give out later to friends. It is a conversational piece. (Try that with business cards!) It also gives me a few moments to pack some critical props before the curious start to mill around.

Click here for Info on the Million Dollar Bill[/url]

What a powerful promotional marketing tool to get your name known and have people carry it with them. It's a KEEPER and more powerful than a business card.
By the way, occasionally, after the show a kid will come up to me and complain that the million bucks is "not real".
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » prizes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL