The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » I got to Entertain CARLOS MENCIA Last Night! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Last night, after his Punisher Concert in Chicago, I got to do a little magic for the man I consider to be the bravest comedian in the world - Carlos Mencia! WHAT a gracious and nice guy he is, too - not to mention that the show was off the hook, da bomb and F^%#in' FUNNY!!!

I got to do my version of Tai Cheat (some of the magi know it as "Crazy Man's Handcuffs") for Carlos, Brad Williams and Carlos' brother Joseph.

Carlos cracked up when I did the effect in HIS hands and Comedy Central TAPED IT!!

What happens next is anybody's guess, but the guy from Comedy Central who did the taping asked for a Performer's Release and said that it COULD wind up on Carlos' page (www.carlosmencia.com) and on his page over at http://www.comedycentral.com as well!

Talk about One Free Ticket to an Air Walk for a week for this magical dude!!!

THANKS CARLOS, Brad, Joseph and Comedy Central!

You made my anniversary night something to remember!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1297 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Very cool Lee.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
That is very cool!
Carlos...Love him, and frankly his comedy scares the heck out of me, but I can't stop watching.
Let's hope it gets some good publicity for you!
Gwyd
swingjunkie
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of swingjunkie
I actually probably beat you to it by about 2 weeks or so. Carlos came to UGA to do a show and I found him after the show. I did an ACR and Saw. It was really fun. Sadly, no camera crew for me, but I still have the signed card!
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Congrats Lee. You deserve the recognition - I hope it leads somewhere good for you.

Check out this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jsq1uTLBHBc
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
P.T. Murphy
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of P.T. Murphy
Hmmm. Interesting clip. I wonder if that would work at a magic show?
P.T. Murphy
www.ptmurphy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » I got to Entertain CARLOS MENCIA Last Night! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL