The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Professional Stage Hypnotism, Ormand Mcgill-What do I expect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
Hey, I ordered this book from Amazon.com today. I have heard that McGill's stuff is always the way to go. What should I expect from this book? Is it one of his better ones on the subject? I am thinking of also getting his Encyclopedia Of Stage Hypnotism. Is that worth getting also?

Smile
Coming soon... Who knows!
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
My Ormond McGill books and audio tapes will NEVER leave my private library...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
McGill does teach a great induction hypnosis, however like all my mentalism, I like to mix a few styles together and add my own to gain a better desired effect. Read all you can on the subject, and McGill is a great source!
Dr Omni
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of Dr Omni
The book by Ormond McGill to get is "The New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism". This massive tome, published in 1996 by Anglo-American Books (based in Wales) is the one indispensible work for any person interested in stage hypnosis (and in fact many people use its techniques for hypnotherapy, lectures on hypnosis and so on). The "New Encyclopedia" contains all the material which was contained in Ormond's earlier, shorter books and manuscripts on stage hypnosis, and supersedes them. (The earlier works, such as "Professional Stage Hypnotism" and the original "Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism" are still worth reading, but the "Nw Encyclopedia" is both more comprehensive and better-written, as Ormond's writing style has greatly improved over the years, if I may be permitted such a comment on such a distinguished figure.)

The other really excellent book on stage hypnosis which no-one interested in the subject should be without is Jerry Valley's "Inside Secrets opf Professional Stage Hypnosis", which is published by the National Guild of Hypnotists (New Hamshire, USA). It's an extremely useful and straightforward manual in which the author gives his induction and the entire repertoire of routines for three separate shows. Also Jerry gives a lot of good technical information regarding sound, lighting and so on, and tips on showmanship, derived from performing in the real world for over 30 years.

Quite frankly, once you have these two books, none of the other manuscripts, pamphlets, videos on stage hypnosis that I have seen remotely come up to the same standard.
Hypnotist and mentalist.
Websites: www.corporatemedservices.co.uk
www.doctoromni.com
rrubin98
View Profile
Veteran user
Cogito, ergo sum scripsit
358 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
I second the vote for McGill's New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism. It's a fantastic book.

I also recommend Bill O'Connell's audio cassette course on stage hypnosis. He sells it on eBay. It includes a complete routine with what to say, when to do what, etc.

- Richard
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
Thanks for the review's guys. I'll be sure to get the encyclopedia after I finish reading this one.

Smile
Coming soon... Who knows!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Professional Stage Hypnotism, Ormand Mcgill-What do I expect? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL